• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need help....

basssmasher*

I noticed this early am that my dog has tapeworms.. Being from a small town I dont have a lot of options for emergency vet care near me. Does anyone have any home remedies to try ?? Ive heard crushed pumpkin seeds, and garlic, but are there any others out there? Thanks in advance for any info I get!!

Same teejay who does the ice water jump in Green??

I believe Fleetfarm and Runnings for sure have over the counter worming meds.Try any farm store in your area. Benson???

Thats me Jentz!! Runnings opens shortly I will run down there smile , How did u know I do the "plunge ?

The over the counter meds most likely will not touch tapeworm. They are a different bugger. Those meds are for hook, pin etc...

You do not need an emergency vet. Take a stool sample to any ol' vet and get a across the board de-wormer. Cheap and effective. Your vet may not even require you to bring in a stool sample. Just need the exact weight of the dog. I did it every summer as routine maintenance as I caught my dogs eating cat pooo... the cat's ate mice and baby rabbits all the time which are loaded up with tape worms. I know doing so kept my dogs worm free... He never needed me to bring dog in or stool samples... just had meds at the front desk.

Good Luck!

Ken

Do the heartworm meds keep all worms away??
No only heart worm.Different poison and worm.Vet in Spicer told me this.

Do the heartworm meds keep all worms away??

Most only do heart worm like heart-guard.

Others like Sentinel work on Hookworm, Whip-worm and Roundworm as well as fleas.