• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

drowning wires for water sets

x1957x

I need to make some drowning wires and the L bracket for water trapping this fall. Any one have any ideas on how or where to get measurements and sizes etc.? Thanks

You should be able to find what you need at any trapping supply company. I've use bullet locks for snares in the past and they've worked well...If you don't know any trapping supply places just do a google search...Grawe's in Whapaton has a good selection of supplies, but I didn't see any "drowning locks"... He does have the snare bullet locks in severals sizes though....

Thanks Lichen for the info but just thought if I had measurements I could do my own L brackets. I am a maintenance man and love to mess with that type of stuff.. neend the metal size plate and the length that the need to be. 1/2"w by 1 1/2"L is what I think they are from looking. Need to know what size to drill holes and I think that you use 14 gauge wire. Just wanted to do my own. Have all the stuff laying around here..

I would definately use cable over wire also you may want to check into drowning rods depending on your situation.

Dont do beaver( yet) and usally it isnt very deep in the shallow S.W. minn. swamps,creeks,etc.

14ga wire is a very poor choice for drowners. Cable is a much better choice, or bigger wire if you have to use wire. Regular old trap swivel bodies also work on 3/32 and 1/8 cable.