• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First time house boat

We are coming up and renting a house boat for the first time. I have a few buddies that have been up multiple times. We are having a couple mini fishing tournaments. Is there any lures or bait we should use for walleyes/bass? We are coming up middle of aug. Are the walleyes deep? Thanks for the heads up.

Yes they will be deep. Look for fish 30' plus. Crawlers or leeches will work

Yes, the majority of your walleyes will probably be in 30-40 ft during the day. Do not limit your search however. I have done well on the 20 to 25ft shelves in the morning and eves in August. They are where you find them. On June 30th, I actually caught a limit of eyes corking in 7ft of water on the edge of the cabbage. Keep an open mind and keep swingin'.

We were thinking about hitting walleyes morning and evening, and bass mid day. Any ideas for bass? Rocky shorelines? Any great baits. Thanks for the hints I appreciate it

Smallies are all over the place. You will find the better areas will have broken rock rather than slab rock and the larger rock bars coming off the islands and shorelines will hold more fish. Crawfish Rat'l traps and black tube jigs work well. Let them sink along the drop offs as you pull away from shore to get the fish that have slid into deeper rocks during bright calm days. Good luck.