• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Copper Trolling Line

Greg Clusiau

Question

Happy Easter All,

Say, I just picked up some copper trolling line at a used/rummage sale type place. It's made by the Erwin Company, is 50# test, and 300 ft. long. I need this like a hole in the head but had to have it. I was wondering about it. Has anyone ever used copper line? Does it turn green like a penny? It's nice and shiny now, being new.
It's braided and looks like down-rigger line. I might try it on a super-heavy old-time bait-caster that has a Penn reel on it (another rummage sale find) for deep-trolling lake trout, muskies, etc.
I have a lot of high-quality fishing gear for lakers, etc. but like to monkey around with odd-ball stuff just for fun. Any help?
Thanks.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

2 answers to this question

I heard of a guy using this stuff for kit string. Used a key on it or something.
Couldnt pass this one up.

Mike,

I don't think I'll try it. Sounds like it might hurt.

GC