• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Superior near Two Harbors - Any reports/advice?

Heading to Two Harbors for some family visits but bringing along the boat and want to get out early in the mornings for some trolling along the shoreline or away from shore depending on water clarity, etc. Anybody able to provide some advice as to what I might expect if I were hoping to do some top 30 feet surface trolling within 15 - 30 minutes of Two Harbors?

Thanks.

Mud isn't always a bad thing. It is fishable out of T.H. but fishing has been slow most of the year. Run out and watch for temperature breaks on your graph....Oh and watch out for floating debris as well, it is everywhere.

I'm in Knife River, fishing has slowed down the past week but it has improved a lot. Temp breaks and clearer water are key for good results.

The muddy water is almost gone in the area, here's a realtime satellite imagery site

Coastwatch Imagery

Went out in the boat a couple times out in front of Stewart and Two harbors and didn't catch any but saw some boats out there. Water still cloudy close to shore this past weekend but getting clearer with a light north wind. Was good to get out on that calm water.

It seems to be getting clearer up at McQuade. Got out early before the storm and picked up to small ones

Just got back from Castle Danger area, water was pretty clear and debris free. I was restricted to shore fishing, and did very little at that. However, I caught my first ever Lake Superior fish! It was a NICE brookie, somewhere in the 18-20 inch range. Not only was it my first LS fish, it was my biggest trout ever as well. Will try to post pic in a bit.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Please tell me you tossed that back in the lake? Its a nice brookie but if it came out of the lake it has to be over 20 inches to keep it. I have caught a few nice ones during the pink salmon spawn but the season to keep them is closed then. My brother caught a 19 and 3/8 inch brookie a few years back around july 4.

yep, it went back within seconds of coming out of the water. smile I caught it right there at the landing

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Very nice and thanks for helping the coaster brookies out

that's a nice brookie. thanks for the catch and release and the pic. good luck.