• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fished all last week 6/15-22nd and it was tough w/ rain and flooding. Now I have the opportunity to come up this Saturday - Wed and fish some more as my schedule opened up. Can anyone give me a report on the water level and general fishing reports? I have a 7 hr drive and want to come, but if things are tough I might postpone. Looking mainly at bass and muskie as I don't do much walleye fishing.

Any input on lake level, fishing or anything else is appreciated. Weather looks to be good at least.

NC

I'm not sure about Leech, but we had hot weather this week and the water that had risen was down about 8" on a couple smaller lakes in the area. We did get a pretty good pour on Wed. though.

Fished that same week on LB as you - and also Very Slow.

As far as water report -

I heard that Sun 24th was the crest - which was extremely high as we left on Sat 23rd. ( up approx 1.5 ft from 18th )

Talking with a local - they felt LB Lake was only down about 1 or 2 inches from the crest on Thursday PM / 28th.

Therefore - water looks to have maintained as "Still High" with possible "No Wake" instituted.

I was up at our cabin on Little Boy from Thursday June 28th thru Saturday July 7th. The water is probably down about an inch or 2 from crest going by the height of our dock. The depth marker on the bridge leading out of Little Boy is still under water. There is a sign posted at the public access stating "no wake advised". There are still the idiots that leave the landing at full throttle. Common sense says to wait until you are out of the channel and past the little island to kick her down. Plenty of people out tubing and fishing. I didn't try going to Wabedo so I can't say if you can make it under that bridge.

We did get a bit of rain during the week. Lost power for about 25 hrs which was longer than most since our transformer went out. I only got out fishing a couple of times due to working on boats and cutting down trees. Caught a 3 lb LMB Friday evening. Otherwise, it was pretty slow for the limited time I did fish.

On Wabedo Monday for a few mid-afternoon hours. Nothing to show - fished weedline in 12'-18' for walleyes rigging crawlers or jigging leeches, but nothing caught. Wabedo water almost seemed turbid - not stained but dirty with sediment. Hope that's not normal and that it will settle out with some time. Lake level up though - many docks remain in/under water right now.

Regarding the Wabedo turbity...

That isn't normal...

It's from all the flooding and the beaver dams that blew out.

I'm heading up to Little Boy to do some camping in early August. I've never been on the lake before in my life and I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to start looking for some walleyes. Thanks for any help!

Sunken islands out in main lake - there are a number of these - fish 14'-18' with live bait rig - maybe even a bright blue spinner and a leech or crawler.