• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's been way to long since we have had a chance to visit the area. We have lined up help to care for livestock and care for the farm. And we are headed north in 2 long weeks.

Was wondering what lake levels are in this area? Normal,low or high for this time of the year. If any one doesn't mind advicing us on preferred bait of choice this time of year it would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the time we will be fishing Big Lake or Jannett.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.Can't wait to enjoy this area of northern Minnesota. It truely is one of Gods great gifts to us.

Farmer

I like to use half crawlers on live bait rigs in Big sometimes with a spinner sometimes just a bead. Ive heard casting cranks to the shoreline produces walleyes in the waning hours of the day though I have never tried that.

With all of the rain the area recived this week I would imagine the lakes are high right now but someone from the area could answer that for you. I was on Vermillion before the rains came a couple of weeks ago and the water looked to be normal or perhaps a bit above the "normal" elevation at that time.