• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012-13 off season talk

Scott K

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• ozzie

• schmitty3

That is a tough one there to root for as I love Steve Nash's game but I really don't like any one else on the team...

My gut feeling with the Lakers, they will be good until the Allstar break, then they will implode from massive ego's. They will still be a 3-5 seed in the playoffs, and who knows how they will play in the playoffs. They have a very good looking lineup on paper.

Quote:
Ricky Rubio (knee surgery) is "progressing faster than normal," but he's expected to be out until at least December.

Clearly, Rubio won't be ready for training camp. "The doctors said he was progressing faster than normal, and normal was supposed to be in January," T-Wolves owner Glen Taylor said. "Faster than normal would be December. He's going to start running and stuff in a few weeks." The fact that Rubio hasn't even begun to run yet is an indicator that he's still far off from a return, and fantasy owners should be aware that he'll likely be out at least the first month of the regular season. Luke Ridnour, J.J. Barea and Alexey Shved should all see increased playing time while Rubio is out.

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:
Brandon Roy, when asked about his knees, said that "this is the best I've felt in a long time.

"The reason why I say that is I'm able to improve," he said. "Where I felt that the last couple years in Portland I was just doing my best to maintain." Roy added that he "set a plan" for himself and has had no setbacks to date. We're still skeptical he'll hold up over a full 82-game season, but so far, so good for Roy and the T-Wolves.

I am skeptical myself if Roy will be healthy enough to play any significant minutes. But if Roy, and AK stay healthy, who knows how good we will be. It will be an exciting season to watch. Training camp begins soon, and only a month and a hald until season starts.

I think with the improved roster and Kevin Love being the stud he is, if Rubio can get back to playing shape by January, I think we will be in the running to make the playoffs.

• 1 month later...

Can't believe the Thunder traded Harden. He was their Vinny Johnson. I don't see him thriving on a bad team. Bad trade for Houston and OKC.

Well the season begins tonight, without 2 of our best players. The good thing about it, I still feel the Wolves have a good chance at being good this year, even without Love, and Rubio in the line up. But we will see soon enough.

Nice game from our new guys, and JJ looked like an actual PG, passing, making inbound passes, scoring, getting in position for rebounds. This could be a good year, but then again, it was just the Kings.

Was fun to watch. Did get bit nervous when the Kings made the big run and took the lead, I thought oh know here we go again with not being able to finish games. Finished strong though......

Rough game last night. They have a few line ups that make me wonder who is going to score. Williams has been disappointing these first 2 games.

Now that was an entertaining 2nd half. They just outworked Brooklyn. Seems like the Nets thought they had it in the bag there for a second. Gotta give props to all the players, they all hustled and played well that second half. Cunningham was all over the glass, and his hustle made a lot of plays.