• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I hope everyone is safe and sound. Just heard about the flooding on the news this morning.

Woke up to 2-3 inches of water in my basement this morning. We're pumped out and drying out now. Lots of roads are flooded or washed out up here. Mayor declared a state of emergency this morning in Duluth too. Stay off the roads around the Duluth area until further notice.

Its a MESS all over. Cant go anyplace because roads are there or washed out. Look at KQDS facebook page for some crazy pics. Barkers Island is a mess. Glad I dont work the next 2 days.

looking at the regional radar the big system will pass in an hour or so. but this stuff seems to be popping out of nowhere. i've been looking at the harbor LSMMA cam and the piers are full of water and even up to half the lawn has water on it next to the pier. so you guy's got hit hard. we got slammed down here also but it seems you guy's got the worse of it. hoping for some sunny days for everyone up there so it can dry up and people can get back to some good fishing and camping. good luck.

There are people that live in Carlton that are being told to leave because Otter creek is going to start backing up. They all ready have evacuated the town of Thompson because the water is coming over the Dam.

Evacuated the duplex my fiance and I are renting while we settle back into Duluth life at 2am. We were barely able to get out of town and to Esko to stay with her brother. sketchy drive!

Just found out renters insurance doesn't cover flooding so it'll be interesting to see how much will be lost! Also, probably be looking for a new place to live now....

I know many have it way worse than us, but what a bummer! Good luck everyone!

Hope my boat didn't float away!

Heard Target was boating people out of the store, and that at Krenzen auto cars are under water. Northlander that you at Target? Heard you were pulling cranks!

Heard Target was boating people out of the store, and that at Krenzen auto cars are under water. Northlander that you at Target? Heard you were pulling cranks!

screw that, Northlander was pulling cranks on Grand hoping to catch a seal.

Oh so he was the one that got it... laugh

It is very sad what happened to some of the animals. So far I haven't heard of any other tragedy's, lets hope it stays that way. Heard that Dayton is coming up tomorrow to view the damage.

From what I hear it is bad, bad, bad down there. Washed out roads, sink holes, flooded streets etc. WOW!!!

As of now I think that pretty much every route from Carlton to Duluth is closed from the sound of things. Looks like Otter creek closed down I35 and will soon close Cty Rd 1. Just hope the bridge on Cty Rd 1 holds up or I will have a much longer commute. The water is coming over the road in spots.

Tried to get to the office to pickup a couple of things for work. Had to walk from a short distance as the road was flooded. You should see all the gawkers at the Miller Hill Mall. People are showing up with canoes.

Otter Creek in Carlton. They have now closed Cty Rd 1 because the water is now to high and is going to come over the road at the bridge.

Jim, i just watched channel 5 down here and they showed the city of Carlton under water. i dont think a storm like this caused this much damaged since the early 70's when Duluth had millions in damage. realy cant believe the water flow, but it's right there for anyone to see and pray for those affected. hopefully the state can come and help the people affected. lots of people need help. good luck.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Its a mess alright.

Even up in Twig, MN were getting flooded areas and washed out roads.

Right now I'd look close before I cross any paved road with a culvert.

Seen one where the culvert was washed out and the blacktop bridged the gap. Yes I called the county to close it. Cruised the township, the town hall and fire hall are dry. Good news there.

Other township roads didn't fair as well and some washed out leaving residents stranded.

Got a mini Grand Canyon on Canosia Rd. Munger Shaw, forget about it.

The lake I live on is way, way up and it feeds Fish lake.

This isn't a flash flood. We've been getting pounded by rain for days and the ground has been saturated for a very long time from previous rains.

Had to make a trip to Proctor this morning to pick up Jr as he spent the night a a friends house.

Main street flooded, cars what looked to be washed around and closed roads every where and on major hwys. We knew that going in, it was what we thought it was but the he Ford truck got us there and back.

The Duluth Zoo lost some goats, sheep, and a donkey for sure. I horse did make it though the flood there. I'm sort of surprised the donkey didn't make it but the horse did.

A couple of seals did what seals do and swam away, one was reported to be caught by Northlander.

A polar bear swam out of its encloser but didn't make it off the premises before it was darted and subdued. At first there was a report of one polar bear and one Sasquatch that escaped but later it was found out it was just Northlander. We don't know where the other seal is but rumor is, Northlander is training it to catch a 30"+ St Louis river walleye. This can not be confirmed but, all those smelt he been stock piling to feed this seal is, well you decide.

There you have it, thats all I know.

Any advice on how to skirt duluth to get to island lake? I have already paid for a cabin and dont have the option to wait.

Wow, amazing images tonight. Y'all are in our prayers in southern Minnesota...That part of the state is naturally impervious so it went from bad news to tragic in very little time. I hope there aren't any fatalities; All I've heard of is close calls.

This is really tragic. Hopefully everyone comes out okay from this. I'll get to see this first hand tomorrow or Friday while I'm up there for work. Hopefully I can make it into town to get some work done at the courthouse!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I35 to Cloquet and exit on hwy 33.

Take 33 to Canoisa rd

Take a left on Canosia to Twig.

Cross 53 and then right when your pointed at the Twig Store.

You'll be on Industrial road. Take that to Munger Shaw rd.

Go left, Eventually you'll end up at a stop sign with Minnowette on the left.

Take left and your at Island Lake damm.

As of this morning 33 was closed in 2 places due to flooding. Any first hand knowledge of the status. MN Dot probably will not update it's 511 site until mid morning.

thanks

Steve

As of this morning 33 was closed in 2 places due to flooding. Any first hand knowledge of the status. MN Dot probably will not update it's 511 site until mid morning.

thanks

Steve

Also, in order to get to the Canosia rd from 33 you need to turn right onto Morris Thomas rd for about 6 miles. That stretch had 2 areas under water this morning. Not sure of the status now. If you can get through 33 I would take that up to hwy 2 North to 53. And then head East.

I35 was closed where Otter creek crossed the Interstate. You might be better off to take Hwy 65 and work your way in on Hwy 2.

Here is a list of the road closures:

Road Closures

Channel 5 did have some great shots of Carlton. It sounds like the entire town could be under water. Might take a few back roads to get there with all the water out there.

How is 61 holding up between Two Harbors and Silver Bay?

it's good..silver creek is the only area of caution.

Silver Creek area was open and passable with no problems even on Wednesday, two different groups of friend came home from Duluth yesterday with no trouble.

Im thinking about selling my boat and breathing a new fan boat. That way I can just float out the backyard to the river. Fishing will be futile for weeks. The river and lake are as dark as I have every Seen them. This may be the end of the season for the walleye on the river. I hope any more rain stays away for a long time. Island lake was super high.

But Steve what about the Sea Lions (plz read the whole post). I heard you caught one! Then trained it find the eyes? All you'll need is a net when it chases them to you.

Nope they just and toys them in the boat. Im trying to get them to only bring me back 25"ers of bigger.

33 North of Cloquet, to Morris Thomas East, to Canosia North, is all clear. Took that route home tonight.