• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Harvin wants out

Scott M

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• LMITOUT

• zepman

• Musky Buck

Lets take a look at some of the teams over the past few years that have loved to gobble up the big free agents.

NY Jets

Phil Eagles

Washington Redskins

somewhat raiders, cobowys, cardinals, vikings

I would avoid Revis like cancer of the rectum.

Look what teams that draft have (GB, PITT, NE, SF) THey get rid of the big FAs and their trophey cases are full.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll all see real quick if the Vikes are truly done with Harvin. Speculation has it the Vikes are going to make a run at Wallace...we'll see early next week, if not this weekend.

Wallace will get 60M from somebody...if the Vikes bite, there is no way Harvin will see the inside of Winter Park again.

First round pick if that happens...Tavon Austin.

The Dolphins just signed their #2 receiver (Hartline) to a 30+ million dollar contract...they are the other team expected to make a big run a Wallace. I find it hard to believe they are going to invest nearly 100M in receivers this off-season. It should get interesting in the next few days....

Quote:
Citing "some good sources around the NFL," the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Sid Hartman reports Percy Harvin has informed the Vikings that he does not want to play for them anymore and "wants to be traded."

Hartman is a columnist with a spotty track record, so keep that in mind. After explaining that Harvin doesn't get along with the coaching and medical staffs, Hartman acknowledges GM Rick Spielman "is in the driver's seat." Harvin is signed for 2013 and the Vikings could keep him with consecutive franchise tags the following two seasons. Additionally, Hartman reports Harvin won't be in attendance when Vikings offseason workouts begin on April 22.

Percy is not worth a big contract like some of the other players if he don't want to be here.

Harvin doesnt have much option, nor does he hold any leverage. He is a good receiver, with a history of injuries, and a poor attitude, he is going into a contract year this year, so if we want his services, we will try to extend his contract, if not, we will make him play out his final year of his contract, and he will need to have his best performance since this would be his contract year.

Harvin will have no choice other then to shut his yap and play. I think Harvin will settle on a heavy back loaded contract with 8-10 the first couple years, then 12-14 the last couple. Possible 30 million guaranteed.

Harvin doesnt have much option, nor does he hold any leverage. He is a good receiver, with a history of injuries, and a poor attitude, he is going into a contract year this year, so if we want his services, we will try to extend his contract, if not, we will make him play out his final year of his contract, and he will need to have his best performance since this would be his contract year.

Harvin will have no choice other then to shut his yap and play. I think Harvin will settle on a heavy back loaded contract with 8-10 the first couple years, then 12-14 the last couple. Possible 30 million guaranteed.

He'll just sit out this year and leave after next year and we get nothing? Yeah great plan.

get what you can for him. a couple picks be it a 2nd and a 3rd work for me. rebuild and reload..he is just a distraction..niners have picks..bad part is the more he yaps, his value will go down...we did ok without him and this is a deep draft where we can address both sides of the ball..and yes go after wallace and he will be the deep threat we havent had since moss which must be going on ten years now.

Here's the thing...Percy hasn't had a quotable response to this whole thing. He's not said a single word nor has his agent.

Everything that's being reported is all speculation up to this point...

yea zep i was saying that too. now i am thinking that his actions or lack of speak louder than words..bottom line...he's not going to get the money he wants.(megatron-fitzgerald money) he isnt even a #1 receiver. .he knows he's going to be second fiddle to ap. remember the marbury deal? thats what this reminds me of so dont let the door hit him on the way out and if he keeps leaking negative stuff to the media he may get stuck in a holdout scenario..that has been a epic fail to the others that tried it. jones-drew, the OL from the pats etc..shut up and play percy. then you will get paid...

I'm sure the reason Percy was/is mad is because the team goes and gets guys like Jenkins and Simpson who make more money then your paying the best Wr on the team who has been productive since day 1. Seriously though, Jenkins is making 2.5 million while Harvin is making 900k?

That doesn't give him a free pass to be a baby about it but not many people would like that.

He must be getting hooked up with the good stuff if he thinks he's gonna be making Calvin/Fitz type money. He should be happy to make about what the top 5 through 10 Wr's make.

Hopefully Leslie/staff and Harvin can sit down and talk everything out like men. I'd like to see it all work out with this team and he gets paid. If he's demanding trades and thinking he's gonna make Calvin/Fitz money I say buh bye.

If we wanted to punish him for being a female dog we could keep him all season to rot on the bench, then franchise him next season and do it again. It would be funny but it hurts the team not taking what we can get and paying some tool for not playing.

He'll just sit out this year and leave after next year and we get nothing? Yeah great plan.

Where is he going to leave too? Do you think if he doesnt play well this year, that any team will give him top 10 money, with any guaranteed money?

He needs to prove himself to earn the big contract. If he plays well, and we still want him, we just franchise tag him for another year, or two. The Vikings hold all the cards in his game, and he knows it. His only chance of getting a big payday is to either work one out with the Vikings now, or play his butt off this season, then get it next year.

All of the reports coming out have never been quoted from Harvin, only speculation from sports writers that have nothing better to write about, so they make stuff up, and write it as their "opinion". Harvin is also smart enough to realize the Vikings wont trade him for low dollar, so he has to keep his mouth shut. Unless the Vikings get wowed with a trade proposal, Harvin will be wearing purple next year.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It really is that simple 4wandering smile

Quote:
FOX's Jay Glazer reports a trade sending Percy Harvin to the Seahawks for draft picks will be finalized pending a physical.

So much for Rick Spielman's denials. The Seahawks will open the season with 24-year-old Russell Wilson throwing to 27-year-old Sidney Rice, and 25-year-old Harvin and Golden Tate, with 27-year-old Marshawn Lynch in the backfield. Already one of the league's premier defensive teams, Seattle's offense now rivals any in football in terms of explosiveness and playmaking ability. We expect Harvin to lead Seattle in receiving, and his fantasy value should remain among the top-15 wide receivers. While the fantasy effect on Rice and Tate is unlikely to be positive, it's a gigantic plus for Wilson's.

Sad to see him go, but hopefully we got a nice package of picks for him. Now maybe a Wallace signing could be in the future? Guess we need to wait until tomorrow. I cant imagine them trading Harvin, and not going after a replacement of equal caliber, but this is the Vikings.

Too bad he didn't have a better attitude, cause he is one hell of a football player. Nice to have another 1st round pick I guess.

Too bad he didn't have a better attitude, cause he is one hell of a football player. Nice to have another 1st round pick I guess.

I'd be surprised if the Queens got a first rounder for Harvin. Percy's injury history might not allow a first rounder for him.

The Queens projected WRs at this time: Greg Childs and Jarius Wright

Luckily they have Ponder throwing the ball grin

He's worth 1st rounder if healthy.

Quote:
You know Minnesota wanted to downplay all the reports of Harvin being disgruntled and the conflict with Frazier. The specific picks have yet to emerge. I could see Seattle’s late second being the cost, though I will throw out a guess of a 3rd plus a conditional pick in 2014 on Harvin playing a certain number of snaps by being healthy/a good citizen for a year.

[update: Schefter says it will involve Seattle's first round pick in 2013. I'm a bit shocked, but if Minnesota was determined to make a trade, they got the best they could.]

Better spend some WR and draft well. Gotta see a WR in the first round now that the Vikings have more than one pick.

Quote:
Updating previous items, the Vikings have acquired the 25th overall pick, a 2013 seventh-rounder, and a middle-round pick in 2014 in the Percy Harvin trade.

Jeff Ireland wishes he could trade as well as Rick Spielman; the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall last offseason for two third-rounders, one of which Ireland blew on obvious TE bust Michael Egnew. The Vikings now have four picks in the top 83 this year: Nos. 23, 25, 52, and 83. It's also conceivable that Spielman has already struck an under-the-table deal with a free agent like Greg Jennings

From Fox

The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that would send wide receiver Percy Harvin to Seattle, FOXSports.com has learned. The deal is contingent upon him passing a physical.

Minnesota would receive Seattle’s first- and seventh-round picks in the 2013 NFL Draft and a mid-round pick in the 2014 Draft.

Harvin, who is entering the final year of his rookie deal, had been adamant about receiving a contract extension, but the Vikings looked to cut bait on the premier talent.

Seattle seemed like an ideal landing spot as Harvin has worked with Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, who coached Harvin in Minnesota during his rookie season.

I can see them getting Jennings. He will be over paid, but no where as much as wallace. They will never get him... and shouldn't he will be waaaay over paid! Jennings has value and his price tag will only be on the upper end of his talent. Wallace will most likely get paid well above his talent level.

Good Luck!

Ken

I would take Jennings for 5-8 million, but he has lost some speed, and not sure he is going to be the #1 everyone wants. But at this point, we need a good set of hands on the team to catch the ball, Jennings is well capable of that. Sign Jennings, then draft a WR in the 1st round with speed.

This is another sad day for Vikings fans. Quite possibly the best player on the team and we cant find a way to keep him. I am sure Spielman has a plan, but it better darn well work out. I will miss that firecracker, the man played with more heart than anyone I have ever seen.

It is pretty pathetic, but atleast we got a nice package for him. Saves some big money not having to give him the kind of deal he wanted to stay. Will be interesting to see what Seattle is going to pay him.

This is another sad day for Vikings fans. Quite possibly the best player on the team and we cant find a way to keep him. I am sure Spielman has a plan, but it better darn well work out. I will miss that firecracker, the man played with more heart than anyone I have ever seen.

seroiusly?? AP's effort is unequaled, and he has the character to match. Percy should have taken some lessons...

He's got the talent, I'll grant you that, but his whining and games put him just a small step above Moss, heart wise. We can do better, glad to see him go.