• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Harvin wants out

Scott M

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• LMITOUT

• zepman

• Musky Buck

If Harvin does not want to be a Viking, then let him go. He will be a problem and will not play to his potential if he is forced to play here.

Trade time.

AP went on television ? and I can't blame him for wanting Percy, he would know him better than a lot of people. I wish he would've added Percy wants to be here, it's just his contract status. I get Percy's gripe a bit, he's played 4 years in the NFL, he's hardly a rookie anymore, without his kick returning skills, which kickoff's are nearly a joke now as the kicker can just launch it out of the end-zone, they may even do away with that, check Percy's stats, never over 1,000 receiving yards, history of injuries already, concussions, dizziness wasn't it, ankle, Percy's a risk but aren't they all. I think like Bryant Mckinnie the game is all about $, forget a title, forget Percy that we will open a new stadium in the near future, forget your teammates who without you withstood enough to get in last year, seems so fitting for Viking nation, we have a glorified unhappy Wes Welker, we really need his threat, he's a player on Sunday's. Change of heart Percy, think about it thoroughly, go to war with AP who makes what you do a little easier.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson does not want Percy Harvin traded.

The versatile wide receiver has butted heads with the team on a variety of issues that range from playing time to scheme ideology.

The loudest voice by way of example in the Vikings locker room belongs to reigning NFL MVP Adrian Peterson.

The running back feels that the team should work it out with Harvin as he told KFAN 100.3

When asked if Harvin will be traded, Peterson was forthcoming with the details and his opinion.

“To be honest with you, I don’t know if we will or not,” Peterson said. “But me, individually, and giving you my opinion, I wouldn’t trade him. I wouldn’t trade him. But that’s just me and my opinion. To do the the things that he’s able to do, I don’t think there will be a player able to do it better than him. Ever. He does so much, and there will never be a player who will do it better than him.”

Peterson stated that he’s not sure what is on Harvin’s mind.

“I haven’t really had the opportunity to talk to him much,” Peterson said. “But I always look at what you can get from a person, and I know it comes with, ‘OK, you gotta deal with this, or deal with that,’ but I always feel like that person can overcome whatever it is that they might be struggling with.”

Peterson could be referring to Harvin’s injuries and/or reported attitude problems.

Either way, there is no denying that the kid can ball and that Minnesota is a much better team with him on the field.

It was once said that the source of Harvin’s will to win is the same place that spits out his occasional fiery exchanges with the coaching staff.

For the sake of the herd, the Vikings would probably be better off looking the other way when his spout flies off the handle until he matures.

You play to win the game and you do that by betting on your best horses.

Sound off.

Cool thanks for sharing that ! AP doesn't talk to him much, Percy has social issues, I'd have AP on speed dial if we were teammates.

The sad part is if the vikes had a QB they would be a playoff team for years to come. Harvin sees that. The fact is that when the guy plays, hurt or healthy he is the best at his position. He has play hurt and has gotten frustrated with the poor passing that Ponder does. I being a Bears fan would love to see him on that team. Him and Cutler could have their own reality show with their antics.

I think he will be gone by the draft.

Lets face it folks. Frazier duked us for suckers this year. trying to sell us on the fact that webb was ready to start in a playoff game. Read option he said. gimme a break. guy couldent hit the broad side of a barn in that game and there was no read option.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Let's face it guys, Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier has agreed to a multi-year extension with the team. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Frazier did a good job this year getting a team that had one of the worst passing games in the league into the playoffs. The Vikings played spirited football with a ton of effort under Frazier, and most around the league feel this extension was well-deserved.

Updating a previous report, Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin is expecting a deal that is comparable to the ones Detroit Lions WR Calvin Johnson and Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald have recently received because he believes he is one of the top receivers in the NFL. Johnson signed an eight-year, $132 million deal while Fitzgerald signed an eight-year, $120 million deal.

Percy Harvin would need to be on the field a lot more than he has been to be in their league smile

All media based speculation...show me a credible source where this info comes directly from Percy or his agent.

It's the "down" time in the NFL right now...the media seems to be running with quite a few "stories" about Percy. I, honestly, haven't seen or heard a single word/quote out of Harvin since he was put on IR.

Let's face it guys, Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier has agreed to a multi-year extension with the team. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Frazier did a good job this year getting a team that had one of the worst passing games in the league into the playoffs. The Vikings played spirited football with a ton of effort under Frazier, and most around the league feel this extension was well-deserved.

This is not true Rick...he was given the final year option on his contract and only extended a year. The Vikings didn't extend him more than they would feel comfortable paying him off and getting rid of him. This was not a vote of confidence from the front office....

Harvin will never get that type of a contract, unless he has a good year this year. So that leaves him the option of playing out his final year of his contract, tearing up the field, and being on the coaches good side, in order to get plays made for him, or he can sign a contract in terms of how he played to date, which would be roughly in the 4-5year, at 12 million per.

His only other option will be to be traded to some other team, and play out his rookie contract, and show he is worth more, then hope for his big payday. He knows there is a lot of gamble on that one as well, because another injury, or a blow up off the field, would hinder a big contract.

With that, Harvin will probably get a 4 year deal from the Vikings for roughly 50 million, 20 million guaranteed, which would set him up for a one more big contract after that.

It may seem on the surface the Harvin has the best cards to play with, but the Vikings hold the trump card, since he is under contract one more year, and if Harvin wants the big payday, he needs to prove himself, or he would have to sign a contract that suits his play to date, which is about 12 million per year. Which is pretty decent money for an often injured player.

Quote:
Updating an earlier item, the Vikings have exercised coach Leslie Frazier's 2014 option, not signed him to a "multi-year extension."

It's not technically an extension, but does buy Frazier another year. However, a true extension should be in the works if the Vikings get off to a hot start next season coming off their surprising 2012.

Quote:
ESPN's Josina Anderson has clarified that Percy Harvin isn't necessarily seeking Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald money, but that a team source "could see an argument being made" he deserves it.

An ESPN.com report — which referenced Anderson's reporting but was credited to "ESPN.com news services" — made it appear as if it was Harvin, and not the team source, floating the Megatron/Fitzgerald idea. It's a good thing for Harvin's sake that this isn't the bargain he's trying to drive, as such an outrageous demand would have severely limited his market.

Quote:
According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, the "word circulating in league circles" is that Percy Harvin wants at least an annual $10 million in his new contract, with the "real goal" perhaps being $12 million or more.

$12 million annually would make Harvin the league's highest paid receiver not named Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. Beat writer Tom Pelissero confirms Harvin's suspected contract demands are a "bigger issue" in trade talks than the draft picks it would take to acquire him. An AFC personnel executive "guesses" the Vikings could get a second- or third-round pick, along with another selection to "sweeten the pot." For his part, Pelissero thinks the situation could still go either way, ending in "reconciliation" with the Vikings or a one-way ticket out of town. Pelissero believes Harvin's unique skill-set, checkered medical history and "well-documented pattern of insubordination" will conspire to limit his market.

GM Spielman just said in his Friday press conference that the Vikings have no intention on trading Percy Harvin. Guess this means they are going to try and get him a new contract or wait and see if he will actually hold out. I think they should wait....make sure he can play 16 games to deserve the "superstar" type money.

Nah, you have to give him the money, or he wont play. But it would be wise to not guarantee more then 20 million(2years) of his contract.

GM Spielman just said in his Friday press conference that the Vikings have no intention on trading Percy Harvin.

In other words they are actively pursuing a trade.......

I think what it means is they'll wait for a team to approach them... Why try to pawn him off to any team for peanuts when you can wait for one team that's in need of Harvin...

He smells like randy moss jr. to me. Not so much in our face, the public, but behind the scenes. He appears to be a headache that the vikes don't need. He seems to value his worth higher than anyone else does. I say good luck to him. Thje team did survive without him just fine.

I hope they just keep him under contract and if he sits out/holds out, so be it, let him sit and stew in Florida then. I realize then he becomes a FA and you get nothing for him, but he signed this contract he is under now, man up and earn your pay

He smells like randy moss jr. to me. Not so much in our face, the public, but behind the scenes. He appears to be a headache that the vikes don't need. He seems to value his worth higher than anyone else does. I say good luck to him. Thje team did survive without him just fine.

Totally agree, let Percy go, we do not need him with all the dump.

Sqweaky wheels gets the grease , flat ones get replaced , football is a bussiness.. percy performances on the feild have been far from flat, grease him up a bit. and overcome the issue over the year. if he still is a little "bisnich" it will only damage his reputation and he well never get the contract hes demanding anywhere

If he's smart he will tow the line and perform well or he will have reduced value for others at contract time.

I see he said he had nothing to say when asked about the trade rumors. His agent must have clued him in. Smart move on his part.

The Vikes have the leverage as Percy needs to play and play well to get the contract he wants. If he holds out his value will be pegged to an injury plagued year with rumors of being a malcontent and a holdout to go along with his stellar play. He will get paid but at REDUCED VALUE that way.

For 2013 if he plays every game as a good guy and plays well...he comes out a winner no matter which way you look at it.

Hope Percy has wised up.

On the news last night, Duggy Wolfson (sp?) indicated that the Patriots and Belichick were very interested in Moss Jr.

Will he get busted at some point in his career, all these sorta standoffish types tend to be pretty outgoing off camera, not wanting on camera if they're hitting the Michael Phelps pipe or Randy Moss' or Bam Morris or Nate Newton. Honestly I think or sense some of these guys have a red eyed paranoia, saying nothing is best and at least some of these guys learn that and keep to that. Percy just wants to collect cash like any other and he's a good talent and deserving in that way, Calvin Johnson money no, not even close there, they should not be mentioned in the same breath. He's what the Chicago Bears were hoping Devin Hester would be, mega kick returner/ good WR, Harvin certainly has him in the rear view mirror. William Percival "Percy" Harvin the terd III.

I'm betting they get a 1st round pick and more if they trade him.

He is a game changer and every team knows it.

The 49ers are interested and they have 14 picks in the upcomimg draft.

From what I'm hearing, no one is willing to give up a first rounder for Percy. Although he is a great talent, GM's see him as a locker room problem (which is true).

The Jets are shopping Darelle Revis right now. I would guess we would need to add a draft pick, but how awesome would that be to have the premier shut down corner in the NFL. Revis will be fine after surgery...just witness Mr. Peterson.