• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Harvin wants out

Scott M

You have to admit for the 30 foot crater LMIT has dug himself on this Harvin Deal since day 1 he is doing about as well as a person could be... grin

On a side note howz the L.A. Vikings looking for you now Bud.?

Go Vikes!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• LMITOUT

• zepman

• Musky Buck

Win something and then get back to me. And no, a meaningless game against Washington that totally screwed your draft pick and destroyed your RB's knee doesn't count.

Win something and then get back to me. And no, a meaningless game against Washington that totally screwed your draft pick and destroyed your RB's knee doesn't count.

What happened? you used to be original with your antics... the ol "win a ring and get back to me" is only used when you're backed into a corner... laugh

It's obvious I've been expecting too much. Decided to back it down to win "something" and then we can reset the conversation. grin

• 7 months later...

Quote:
Local news report says team sources claim that the Vikings are looking to trade Percy Harvin following a blow-up with head coach Leslie Frazier. The incident was credited for why Harvin was placed on injured reserve and why the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin.

Mike Max of WCCO Radio reported this weekend that the Vikings are actively pursuing a trade for wide receiver Percy Harvin.

According to the report, the reason the Vikings put Harvin on injured reserve while he was healing from an ankle injury was related to a meltdown Harvin had that was directed toward head coach Leslie Frazier in the presence of several players.

Sources said that teammates didn’t take well to Harvin’s blow-up at Frazier, which was similar to an episode Harvin had with former head coach Brad Childress. As a result, the report claims, the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin while his trade value is high.

Harvin is under contract for one more season and there has been speculation that, if the Vikings were looking to trade Harvin, any potential trade would likely have to come prior to this year’s draft.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman was vague about Harvin’s status on Friday. Asked about Harvin’s contract status, Spielman declined to get into specifics.

“I’m not going to say what’s going to happen this offseason because he is going into the last year of his contract,” Spielman said in an interview with KFAN radio. “But right now, where we’re at, Percy Harvin is a member of this football team and he is a very good football player. We don’t like to get rid of good football players.”

“We love Percy Harvin as a football player. Everybody sees what he does for our football team.”

Harvin’s salary for 2013, the last of his of his rookie deal, nearly doubled for 2013 – to $2.9 million – because of incentives he met in 2012. Despite missing the final seven games of the season after injuring his ankle, he had 62 catches for 677 yards and was being talked about as a potential MVP candidate midway through the season.

Spielman defended the decision to place Harvin on injured reserve.

“Percy is a very good football player. I think the issue was we weren’t seeing the progress we needed to see (in the ankle), and when we made that decision to put Percy on IR, it was for his benefit down the road. He’s still a young player,” Spielman said. “We felt we didn’t want to put him out there to further any damage or risk to potentially have any long-term issues with his ankles. We did what was best for Percy Harvin at the time. I know Percy was very frustrated from the fact that his ankle wasn’t coming around as quickly as

Well if that is the road they are going to take, get everything they can for him. Get a decent draft choice or maybe fill the need at a different position. But if they do trade him, they had better be very aggressive in free agency to fill the void at WR. There was enough of a void already, but if they trade harvin we are left with no one!

Maybe trade him for Alex Smith. That would all but guarantee a good season for the vikes and a trip back to the SB for the 9ers.

The writing has been on the wall for awhile now...there's no way they put him on IR with that ankle half-way through the season and then send him back to Florida if they weren't serious about parting ways with him.

I've yet to hear one peep out of Spielman or Frazaier that would convince me otherwise.

I'm with you they could trade him to the 49ers for alex smith. Would give ponder a chance to learn from a good quarterback.

The 49'ers can get a lot more than Percy Harvin for Alex Smith though. There are a LOT of teams who need a QB, and they will be able to get pretty much whatever they want for him. Plus, they have Crabtree, Manningham, Davis, and Walker... they don't really have a huge glaring need for a pass catcher.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If they trade...The Vikes will get more for Harvin than the 9ers get for A Smith.

I'm with you they could trade him to the 49ers for alex smith. Would give ponder a chance to learn from a good quarterback.

Good? Really?

That would be one the GREAT fleece jobs pulled off on the Vikes if they did that trade.

Alex Smith is only slightly more than a lateral move from Ponder and only because of his experience. His skill set is nothing to write home about... All you'll end up with is rag arm teaching rag arm...

It will be interesting to see what the Vikes get for him... they would be welll seved to put the word out that he will remain a Viking for this season if an acceptable trade deal is not reached. He still has a year to fulfill on his contract... acting like a petualnt child will do nothing to help Percy's value... so in a way the Vikings hold the cards.

Good Luck!

Ken

If they can pull out another 2nd, I would do it. If they cant get better then a 4th, let em ride out the season with the Vikings.

a head case who only thinks about himself with a history if injuries im sure we will get top value for him....

Since when has that ever come into play with a team making personell decisions??? The injuries may come into play a little, but the head case, narssistic aspect will not. Besides, every coach and GM can make a player conform! Right?

I'm guessing a 2nd round pick... or something rare, and outright WR for WR swap...

Good Luck!

Ken

a head case who only thinks about himself with a history if injuries im sure we will get top value for him....

You just described 90% of the receivers in the NFL...

Since when has that ever come into play with a team making personell decisions??? The injuries may come into play a little, but the head case, narssistic aspect will not.

Ken

Terrel Owens ring a bell?

I assume you are backing my statement? not trying to use him as an example of a player who can't sign (any longer) because he is a head case... Because he is a perfect example of what I am saying!

Terrell Owens has been waived and signed with I think 4 or 5 teams in what 7 years? Teams continally sign these guys for their talent and the 'blue sky' they bring... they believe they can change them! Give them big contracts and try and integrate them into the system, only to realize you can't and then they eventually waive them.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm betting they get a 1st round pick and more if they trade him.

He is a game changer and every team knows it.

The 49ers are interested and they have 14 picks in the upcomimg draft.

I think the vikes will get good value for Percy. He is set to make less then 3mil next year. Smith makes more then that and the 9ers are not going to pay him that to sit. Percy will be gone by draft day. But where? He likes Florida but I am sure he won't have a say.

I would assume he will be back with the Vikings next year. Money talks, a new high dollar contract will put smiles on everyone. Pay him what he is worth, give him a $30 million guarantee, 5yr 60million contract. We wont be hearing about anymore hissy fits from the locker room.

Will have to pay him or trade him, otherwise he is not going to play. I say there is very little chance he will be here in the near future based on everything that has taken place. Bums me out because the guy is a stud on the field.

Percy Harvin wants to get paid.

And judging by the way folks on the Internet reacted to rumors that the Minnesota Vikings receiver is on the trading block, he probably will get big money somewhere.

But will it happen before or after things get ugly -- or uglier -- in Minnesota. According to Pro Football Talk, Harvin is prepared to stay away from off-season workouts and training camp if he doesn't receive a contract extension, which would presumably pay him a lot more than the $2.9 million he is slated to make in the final year of his rookie contract next season.

How much more does he want? Vincent Jackson signed a five-year, $55-million deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last off-season. Chances are, Harvin wants a piece of that action.

Harvin has been quite productive, making the Pro Bowl as a rookie in 2009 and catching 62 passes for 677 yards and three touchdowns in nine games last season. But he's also been a bit of a headache, reportedly clashing with Coach Leslie Frazier as well as former coach Brad Childress.

Mike Max of WCCO-TV in Minneapolis reported Sunday that Minnesota will actively pursue a trade for Harvin. But what if there are no takers and then the Vikings don't flinch on Harvin's extension demands?

We could have an extremely talented player sitting out the entire season or an extremely disgruntled player returning to a team that reportedly didn't want him back in the first place.

And we thought this situation was ugly already.

Vikes are in a lose lose situation. Either they overpay for him, or trade him for not much in return due to his bad attitude.

Vikes are in a lose lose situation. Either they overpay for him, or trade him for not much in return due to his bad attitude.

Pretty much sums it up.

Would be nice if they would dump him on someone like the Raiders, Jets or Eagles and get their second round pick. He wont bring more than a 2nd round pick cause of his past. He wont wear a queens uniform ever again.

Bottom line is this...the Vikes would be bat-$hit crazy to not try and extend his contract NOW. He's 24 years old and one of the best players in the NFL. I'd rather over pay for his services than someone like Bowe.

He's not happy about his QB...he's simply telling it like it is. If I were him I'd be pi$$ed too. After two years...Ponder flat out sucks...even with the best RB and ground game in the league and facing 8-9 men in the box all year long. He sucks.

IMO, Frazier and Spielman have to learn to live with a little $hit that they know Percy is going to cause. They knew it before they drafted him. Every team deals with players like this and it shouldn't be a reason to send a guy that we drafted in the 1st round just a few years ago packing.

Both Ponder and Frazier are not guaranteed to be here in two years...you sign Percy long term and he'll end up in the "Ring of Fame" in the new stadium someday.

And Zepman when we are clinically dead and out of the playoffs Percy's hamstring will lay him out for the rest of the season, look at this year, we made it and he wanted no part of it, so we're going to believe if we pay him huge he's going to give 110% I don't buy it, he already dislikes his coach, more blow ups to come whether he gets paid or not. The players should have beat him like a rented mule, you never quit on your team, never regardless of the coaches, you fight through it, keep tight with your friends and if you're worth all of that the $ will come your way in due time, his rookie contract is more than most of us will make in our lifetime and the big $ is on it's way Percy. Get whatever you can for him and get rid of that distraction. I never heard a single teammate stick his neck out for the guy, that says more than anything.