• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Harvin wants out

Scott M

Knowing most of the facts now, I can see Percy's point. If he is healthy, there shouldn't be an offensive snap during the game where he is on the sidelines. While most people (the "pros" on EPSN, NFL network, etc) don't consider him a weapon, he most definately is. Anytime he touches the ball he has the potential to make a big play. Why wouldn't you want that on the field as much as possible. Instead of getting rid of Percy, how about we get rid of Musgrave and this crappy offense he runs.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• LMITOUT

• zepman

• Rick

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Percy Harvin suggested on his Twitter page Thursday afternoon that he has no plans to hold out of training camp.

"I'm really clueless on the crazy reports," wrote Harvin. "Had a great (practice) today ... To all my real fans and real Vikes fans see u at Mankato." The "crazy" reports weren't reports at all, rather beat writers transcribing Harvin's own muddled comments on the reasons for his unhappiness. Harvin had tweeted Wednesday night that he and coach Leslie Frazier are now "on the same page." Frazier predicted after Thursday's practice that the Harvin soap opera "should be behind us."

I tend to agree with Percy and the way the offensive scheme is being run.

How many times do we sit Adrian in crucial situations too?

We have discussed that in the past too.

Having Percy and Adrian on the field the majority of the time will loosen up the other options we have, if nothing else they will be demanding defenses to pay attention to them.

Sitting our potentially 2 biggest threats on any play is insane.

I'm shocked. Harvin has NEVER been a distraction to the team. This is such a surprise.

rolleyes.gif

Vindication in 3...2...1....

Save this limit eventually you may be able to use this post. Looks like you may have to wait another year to show everyone you are right about Percy.

No off season last year, new head coach, new offensive coordinator. A vet QB that couldn’t figure it out, then a rookie. That’s a lot of change to go thru virus his rookie year. Clearly this team really sucks and he wants out or he is a punk. Since he knows what a good team is, college and his rookie year. He has shed some light on what to expect this year.

Save this limit eventually you may be able to use this post. Looks like you may have to wait another year to show everyone you are right about Percy.

This entire episode just further illustrates that I have been right all along. A distraction to the team from Day #1.

He's already had physical issues, but it now appears he's mentally unstable as well...although one could say that he was mentally unstable the day he smoked dope right before the NFL combine. crazy

Quote:
Christian Ponder and Percy Harvin have discussed getting together to work out in Florida over the next couple weeks.

It's another sign that Harvin's trade request now looks like water under the bridge. He returned to practice on Thursday and later suggested that he has no plans to hold out of training camp. There's no reason to bump Harvin down any draft boards.

Maybe the media blown it out of proportion? Nah, that never happens!

It is good to see the Vikings with a set starting QB working out with his recievers before the season starts. Just think if Ponder, and Harvin click on the same page?? Harvin is a dangerous reciever, and has the potential to lead the NFL, he just needs a coach to give him the chance, and a QB to throw it to him.

Harvin is probably trying to drag Ponder down to his level.

Haha, I could see the headlines now "Ponder and Harvin caught in Florida stoned, eating Doritos" grin

Harvin isnt a stupid kid, just because he smoked in college doesnt make him a druggie. If that was the case, the world would be about 75% or more full of druggies.

Harvin isnt a stupid kid, just because he smoked in college doesnt make him a druggie.

Wise decision? Nope, does it make him a life time doper, or someone that will always have poor decisions ?

Wise decision? Nope, does it make him a life time doper, or someone that will always have poor decisions ?

The bigger question is should the Vikings be taking chances on players like this, especially considering that the Vikings really haven't done much of anything in 50+ years and are basically rebuilding every year because of their horrible drafting ability. Maybe a team loaded with talent can afford to take a flier on someone like Harvin with questionable ethics and poor track record, but the Vikings weren't/aren't in that position and in all reality should have passed on him like 2/3's of the other teams did to take a safer pick.

Considering the amount of time he has been away from the team and the constant distractions, they've been lucky...so far, but it appears the edges are starting to fray a bit. But then again, I'm not sure that a 3-13 record is very lucky! grin

The Vikings arent that far removed from being on top of the division for several years. SB? Well that is something that just hasnt came their way. Harvin has stayed out of trouble, he hasnt had many headache issues, and has shown that when he is on the field, he is a play maker. If I were him, I would be complaining about the lack of play time as well. Along with Peterson. The coaching staff ought to be kicked out on their cans.

There are a lot worse players out there then Harvin, I will take is shaky past with his upside any day.

Maybe if he would practice on a consistent basis he would get more play time. wink

Maybe if he would have practiced in the week leading up to the NFC Championship game in New Orleans they would have been sharper in their play execution and made it to the SB? whistle

Hey genius, they were in that situation when they drafted Harvin......they lost the Nfc title game his rookie year.

What do you mean by "in that situation"?

Maybe they win that game if they drafted someone else who actually practiced.

They were 10-6, a team ready to win pending a QB and a playmaker and they picked up both and it put them on OT loss from the bowl. You know full well 5 turnovers were the root of the evil not Harvin missing a week of practice lol.

And im sure in your mind he had something to do with the Favre/Ap exchange before the half to.

But yes they should have drafted someone different. Afterall there had to be a rookie reciever somewhere that had a bigger impact than the rookie of the year. But then again you could have drafted someone that caught 5 passes that year and is now out of the league.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

especially considering that the Vikings really haven't done much of anything in 50+ years

In the Super Bowl Era the Vikings are the winningest team in history to not win a superbowl.

They've been pretty darn good over the years.

In the Super Bowl Era the Vikings are the winningest team in history to not win a superbowl.

They've been pretty darn good over the years.

Always the Bridesmade and never the Bride. grin Just reaffirms the title Viqueens. grin

Sorry Rick, couldn't resist.