• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heard their was a really big (35") walleye brought into the marina last week.

Anybody know anything about it, Who caught it? Any Pictures?

Don't know which marina you're referring to, but if it's Birch Point Marina, that same 35" fish was caught several years ago shocked Were'nt any pictures that time either wink

Good Fishing,

MarkB smile

I talked to a guide on the water this morning and he said they showed it off at Timbuktu last week. Must be a picture out their some where.

Jkrash,

That was me, your friendly neighbor (many weekends)! I caught it on a Lindy Rig tipped with a minnow on that ledge in front of our dock, Dakota and John were with me and then I brought it over to Timbuktu. Really a fantastic fish! And then I woke up........

Seriously, I was there when it happened. The reports of it being a 35" walleye are a bit overblown, but we all know how that goes. It was actually a 20" box fan that had a couple stickers - a unicorn, a teddy bear, and a partial Kansas City Royals sticker. The motor is still running. The guy who caught it is willing to part with the fan for free but you'll have to go get it.

The 35 inch walleye was caught by Greg Adkisson on Eagles Nest Lake #?, a few weeks ago.

There was a picture of it in the Ely Echo Angler.

Sorry to burst your bubble fellas, but it was a 34" Northern Pike, not walleye:

http://www.elyecho.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=4&ArticleID=12053

Sorry to burst your bubble, the walleye was 34 inches long (correction from 35), but was listed as a 34 inch northern pike in the C & R entries, & later corrected to a walleye.

The picture of Greg with the fish is on page 3 of the June 2, 2012 North Country Angler.

I have it right in front of me as I type.

There was a report of a 35 inch walleye out of Minnatonka as well, Looked more like a 30 inch at most

I stand corrected then (or should I say Ely Echo stands corrected), thanks for the verification Great Outdoors. That's a pig of a walleye! How many lbs ?? Anyone have pics ?