• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL FA rumor.

fishing tech

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• fishing tech

Ok it sounds like Parise and Suter signed identicle 13 year deals at 98M.

Term is terribly long and will no doubt bite us in the arse down the road but those 7.5 cap hits are pretty decent short term.

agreed. Biggest free agent day in the history of the state?

Yep! I think we shocked the rest of the hockey word too.

That is a lot of $ for a long period of time...

Very much agreed but you have to pay to play in gree agency. No doubt those guys retire before they reach year 13, what we have to do is win the cup in the next 7-8 years to make it worth while. Right now our team looks good but not great (pretty darm good after these signings) however we have some seriously good propects coming up the ranks so there is great window of opportunity for us.

Parise to the Wild if they meet his number. Doesn't matter what others offer. If the dollars and # of years are right he will play here next year. [/quote

Hate to say I told you so, but....

This is going to be great. Now lets hope for a bunch of healthy nad injury free seasons for the Wild players. I know asking a lot, but might as wellgo for the CUP.

We should have some anti injury credits saved up after the past few seasons, especially last year.

Correct me if im wrong, but with these signing this should give the wild more room to trade one or two of the many "prospects" we have and add one more piece to the puzzle. I think the wild are in a GREAT position to make a run at the cup the next 3 or 4 years!

Anything is possible Yigs but I don't see us making any other big moves this year. The great thing about having a pile of prospects is they could make us very competetive for a long time. It also gives us time to develop them and see what we have, chances are they all will not pan out and you hate to ship them out before you know what they might turn into.

Granlund is untouchable, but if we we're to trade one or two of the others for a proven player, maybe another center or d-man, Im all for it! LETS WIN NOW BABY! Im tired of waiting for the future with all these loser teams in loserville USA!

This is just me but the cup is extremely hard to win in any given season, yes it can be done to stack up one team and go for it but odds are better if you have a larger window of opportinty and you are a very good team for 6-7 years vs loading up for 1-2 years and then running out of good prospects to fill the gaps when players get old or too expensive.

Yeah. I think you look at this season as a building year. Not a REbuilding year, mind you. With a lot of good, young players, it is time to get them playing time and see how they develop. With young players you will get some inconsistency. Let them develop this season, see which ones pan out, and then over the following two to four (or so) seasons you have your window of opportunity.

I can't remember where I read or heard this but Fletcher said something along the lines of the regular NHLers are going to have to earn their spots this year. We suddenly have a ton of depth and the young guys are going to be gunning for someplaying time.

Honestly if he was 4-5 years younger I would have said yes, he was still producing pretty good in his late 30's, sorry mike but we have to pass.

Cullen is bad enough and what's he 35??? Now Owen Nolen, there was an old timer that could play.

Madano wouldn't be bad, 4th liner 8-10 minutes a game. Could be a second PP guy. Probably pay a league min for him. Plus another good charactor guy. Give the young guys more playing time in the minor to hone thier skills and play.

Konopka is all the 4th line center we need! 8-10 minutes a game and 5 in the box... god I can't wait for the season to start!!!

Hire him, as a consultant. He's been a stand up guy since day 1 in the league. He could be a good influence on our younger guys.

I think Madano would work on a lot of levels.. not that tickets aren't already going to be selling like hot cakes with Parise and Suter but add former North Star to the mix.. It may actually be tough to get a ticket during the season.. Packed rinks are always a plus for the organization and the team... Also he's definitely got to have some pointers and knowledge he can pass along to the youngsters on the team.. vets are full of knowledge.. and can help a team in one form or another.. If we can get him on the cheap.. why not?