• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL FA rumor.

fishing tech

So we'll throw a whole pile of money at Parise. Maybe he takes it, maybe he doesn't. Crosby just got an extension, so he knows he can play next to Sid, who he's good friends with. Staal just got shipped out so who knows, that might be where he goes if winning trumps $$$.

Suter would be great, but it seems like Detroit wants him pretty badly. If we don't get either of those guys, who are we going after?

We still need an improved blue line. Matt Carle and Jason Garrison are both former WCHA guys that have some value. I'd love to see Garrison come here, but I doubt that will happen. Sounds like Schultz has narrowed it down to 4 Canadian teams and the Rangers. Who else is there?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• archerystud

Pitt has 14mil in space, but have only 5 defensemen and 11 forwards signed next year. Do they offer Parise less money but a strong shot at a cup? If they do, I bet he takes a short contract with them.

If he doesn't, it's between us and Det. Det has 5 defensemen and 12 forwards signed with 24mil in space. Min has 6 defensemen and 11 forwards signed with 19mil in cap space and a bunch of young guys they may have to resign.

If it comes down to a bidding war, is Parise worth 9mil+ considering the CBA and the possibility of a reduced cap in the coming years?

Sidney Crosby is one solid check away from coloring books and cartoons... sad but true. I dont know why people think pitt is such a solid option.

I'm heading up to Rainy Lake on Sat morning. Hoping when I get back that the Wild have landed Parise and Carle.

I will be surprised if Suter ends up anywhere but Detroit.

I like Crosby but I do agree that the contract seems to be pretty risky for the organization at this point.

I guess FL has an offer on the table for Garrison, but he seems to be waiting for July 1. I'm sure he'd like to return to Canada, but he does have some ties to Minnesota as well.

I'm all in for Suter, but Chuck can't close the deal I hope he heads to #52 next. Solid defenseman in his zone, makes some good outlet passes, and has a cannon of a shot. Maybe $4-4.5mil? 2 years younger than Suter and $2.5-3M cheaper. Less proven of course.

Carle would be good, but I doubt he makes it out of Philly.

Hey at least the Wild are in the hunt for the two biggest FA available, that has never happened before. I does suck that we are up against Detroit and Pitt but what do you do, we can only make a sales pitch and and offer, then hope for the best. So much is out of our control at this point. Chances are we don't land either but I kind of have a tiny little gut feeling we are going to snag one of them. Highly likely we overpay for them so that isn't great news but it might be the step we need to take to make the playoffs either this season or next. We have cap room and even more cap space coming off the books next year so $ aren't a big issue, I just hope we don't go too crazy.

In Chuck we trust I guess. I am also pumped to see Leopold being so bold this offseason. He knows he needs to get back to the playoffs and he's not afraid to throw some weight and $$$ around.

Agreed, so far I think Leopold has been a pretty good owner. He enjoys the game, listens to his GM, and is willing to spend money to get results.

Sounds like Parise will be meeting with his agents Sunday so news could come fast. Suter on the other hand might wait a few days and see how it all shakes out. If we can land Parise it kind of makes you wonder if that makes us even more attractive to Suter.

Pipe Dream? For sure, but hey it could maybe-sorta-kinda-happen. grin

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/160835935.html

Isn't Russo the greatest! Honestly, it's nice to have a semi-objective voice telling you about the team.

Justin Scultz signed a deal with the Oilers. There goes one of the better available defenseman. To a division opponent no less. Hopefully only for 1 more year, they are getting good.

Neither Matt Carle or Jason Garrison have signed with their current teams, so that gives some options beyond Suter.

Sounds like every GM is handing Parise and Suter their checkbooks and asking them to fill in the blanks. I was hoping we might be able to land one of them (still possible) but I liked our odds a lot more before the penguins got in the game.

The Wild did sign Zenon Konopka (4th line toughness guy) and Torrey Mitchell. Mitchell looks like maybe a 3rd liner from the sharks, don't know much about him.

All I know about Mitchell is he was they guy who ran Foster into the boards.

Neither Matt Carle or Jason Garrison have signed with their current teams, so that gives some options beyond Suter.

Garrison signed with Vancouver. I think he is from BC so that makes sense. 6 years at 4.6M.

Carle will probably wait to see what Suter does, the $$$ will go when he is the last big name D available.

McKenzie reporting Parise final word will come mid to late afternoon, Suter some time after that. I am hopeful but realistic, lots of quality teams with big big offers out there.

Konopka is an awesome pick up!! Now everybody that turns down Kassian will have to deal with Konopka. 20-30 fights every year and will fight anybody. Also a solid penalty killer and solid faceoff guy. This shows us that they want to protect their prospects and should help bring in another high end guy. God this year is going to be awesome. My offseason is now complete!!!

Kassian's Tweet about the signing

Quote:
Matt Kassian ‏@kassassination

First time I played against Konopka there was almost a giant brawl in warm-ups... More than happy to have him on my side

Konopka did pretty well in that fight consider the huge size advantage Kassain has. grin

Just rumors but i'm hearing Parise is down to Wild and Penguins, someone quick "Tonya Harding" Crosby and Malkin!

Russo has also stated several times if we can land Parise we migth have a decent shot at Suter, if we don't land him he likely ends up in Detroit. So we either hit the Jackpot or nothing.

Quote:
Konopka did pretty well in that fight consider the huge size advantage Kassain has.

He will fight ANYONE!!!!!

Another great quote from the Russo Blog this time from Konopka,

Quote:
"Koivu is a superstar that maybe doesn’t get enough respect around the league and he should," Konopka said. "Heatley is a world-class player and we have to make sure those guys are taken care of and they feel very comfortable and nice. If they want to sit down at center ice and read the paper, they should be able to do that without anyone touching them."

LOL, if they would have had that attitude last year, they wouldn't have gone first to worst due to injuries.

Nice to see the effort by the Wild, they are really trying hard to put a solid team together.

We have tons of depth, now we need some SKILLS! I hate waiting, lets get on with it Zach. If you choose the Wild you will be totally forgiven for wearing a Sioux jersey for two years.

Parise coming back to MN to talk everything over with the fam, maybe we hear something tomorrow.

too many rumors out there now.... as soon as they said parise was coming to MN to talk it over with his family, supposidly his agent said he was staying in toronto. This soap opera is already starting to get comical... I think he signs else where. After all he went to North Dakota of all places to play college hockey. I really dont think he wants to be here. Good luck to him

Wild should load up with Beaver prospects wink

So Bryce are you ever going to tell us why you are obsessed with the beavers. I don't mean to pry but they are all you talk about.

Well hopefully Zack picks a team today, no sense dragging this into the 4th of July.

Brian Lawton tweeted last night that Suter will sign with the Wild, with Parise likely to follow... Who knows though, cause theres another source saying Suter to wings and Parise to Pens. Decisions should be today.

Things are a little crazy out there right now in internet land, I don't want to get my hopes up but we just might pull off the free agent haul of the century.

A lot of people thought if we got Parise we had a great shot at Suter, I think things kind of flipped on that. Parise is here if we can convince Suter. I hope we get news soon.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/161333295.html