• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 NBA Finals

Scott M

Great finish to game one, Westbrook really put it all together with the points and assists. I went in thinking Thunder in 6 and I'm hoping it holds true. Should be a great series.

Gonna be one hell of a series. Don't know why Wade and Lebron kept settling for the long jumpers all 2nd half. Neither of them has a real good jumper, and the are both great getting to the rim and on those 10ft floaters or jumpers. Instead it was just 1 guy dribbling the other 4 watching. Spoelstra can't seem to draw up a play in any situation.

I agree about Spoelstra. I wish they would have brought in another coach after last year. It seems the only offense they know is isolation. It's hard to watch.

Good grief the excuses are starting already ... it's the coachs fault LOL.

Just get this done anyway any-how.

Go Thunder~!

Great Game two! James makes all his free throws and the heat hang on. Man Durant is just clutch! I did thing he should have been called for a charge on Battier. Should have been his 6th and I thought he was fouled by James at the very end. It would be very tought to ref those games. Could probably call a foul on every possesion, bodies flying all over the place.

Great game. Fun to watch a come back to make it close in the end. I love the OKC fans since they seem like real people rather then all the floosies you see in LA, etc.

The Thunder just weren't ready for the big moments, too many mental mistakes especially on defense. They can look really good on both ends of the floor but they can never put a complete game together it seems.

Although it has never happened before and I do think the Heat will pull it out, OKC can still win it. The last three games have been right down to the wire. If lebron or wade have an off game, If OKC finds a third scorer they can beat Miami. If OKC pulls out the win in Miami, the last two games are at home and they can win out. Not likely but really quite possible. Like I mentioned Miami is not running OKC off the court.

I blame Metta World Peace for the Elbow on Harden who has been horrible. Actually the problem is the youth of the Thunder in general.

This bites big-time and it looks like the Assembled Angles will get there ring after all.

I'm done with the NBA!

Ha Ha I hear you. I have always been a Wade fan until James rolled into town. I now find it impossible to cheer for that club. OKC has really grown on me and was really hoping they would go all the way. James has been as bad as Shaq was when it comes to banging his way around in the paint. Lay up after lay up with this guy it just drives me nuts. You can see the desperation in the way he is playing. He knows he will get his points by going to the rim non stop for lay ups and phantom foul calls. That way if they go down he can at least say I got mine.

lol. nba has been giving titles to teams of their choice almost as long as I can remember. Not picking on pier here at all but don't get the hatred for miami? it's not like they really have all that much talent beyond wade and lebron. bosh is ok but not a superstar by any means and after that the talent drops a bunch.

that being said, I'm cheering for okc but they just don't play team ball at all and if they aren't hitting on cylinders, they aren't a very fun team to watch.

I blame Metta World Peace for the Elbow on Harden who has been horrible. Actually the problem is the youth of the Thunder in general.

This bites big-time and it looks like the Assembled Angles will get there ring after all.

I'm done with the NBA!

IMO, OKC plays more team ball than MIA. I hate isolation offense. I realize that's been an NBA staple for about two decades, but I absolutely abhor it. When OKC scores its running Durant off picks or letting Westbrook and Durant get to the hole. Or penetrate and kick to Harden, open long jumpers for Ibaka or Collison, etc. Not a bunch of isolation sets. OKC has built this team through the draft and in smart moves with signings. Miami figured they could buy a decade's worth of championships by maxing out three "superstars" (actually two superstars and one good frontcourt player). I liked Wade until he became a heel. I guess I'll always root for an underdog and thus root against a juggernaut, but I will say watching LeBron all year and especially this year in the playoffs has been entertaining. It looks like it's his transformative year. He was my fantasy pick and he's had a monster regular and post season.

OKC has blown a lot of chances in the last three games...they were in all three and needed to get at least one. They wasted an incredible game by Westbrook the other night. Not sure why Thabo gave Lebron all that space on two cramped legs and watched him swish the back breaking three. It's a bunch of little things and it's mostly mental. When they focus, they can be dominant on both ends of the floor. When they aren't focused, they make little mistakes and Miami makes them pay. OKC has let Cole and Chalmers score way too many points in this series, those guys shouldn't be getting much of anything.

It hasn't helped that in the last three games, it seems like every 50/50 call has gone against OKC. Chalmers has run over Harden and Westbrook to strip the ball a few times with no call. Those things really stick out when the two teams are evenly matched.

Teams have to take baby steps, and OKC is learning a lot this year. I'd love to see Garnett leave Boston now that he's a UFA and join OKC, but he's too loyal to do that and take the pay cut. They need a guy to keep them mentally sharp and tuned in defensively. I thought Perkins or Thabo might be that guy, but they seem deferential to Westbrook and Durant. OKC has a chip, chair, and chance, but are they mentally tough enough to come back? The Heat have shown that toughness in all their series so far this year and they look like they won't be denied. I'd just like to see this thing get to Game 6.

Congratulations to the Heat. They would not be denied. LeBron took that additional step all great players have to take in ratcheting up their game when it matters. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year with a full season and all of the transactions coming around the entire league. Lots of good teams returning and most teams at least are entertaining (e.g. Wolves)

Glad to see him finally win now what are the Lebron haters gonna say he won his title, mvp and finals mvp?

they will find something!! Miami just took it to the Thunder last night!!! Congrats to the Heat

Glad to see him finally win now what are the Lebron haters gonna say he won his title, mvp and finals mvp?

Not so much a Lebron Hater but for any of you that are happy for 3 NBA ALL Stars and Olympians joining forces to win a title I couldn't be more embarrassed to be honest.

I know Lebron is and has been the best player in the world but to do it the cheap way versus actually earning it like past champions just doesn't sit well with us OLD School do it the right way and earn it crowd.

I will add LJ is pretty decent guy as far as I can tell so congrats to him and the Miami Yankees for buying an NBA title. grin

so congrats to him and the Miami Yankees for buying an NBA title. grin

How did they buy it when they all took a pay cut to make it happen?

I am by no means a fan of Jame, Wade or Bosh, but I'd much rather see them win and be classy about it than some of the other money hungry me first players out there. Not many stars would hand the over the reigns like Wade did to Lebron and handle it the way he did.

Things like the decision, and the not 1, not 2....not seven title thing were down right horrible acts. They got a reality check last year and you could see a completely different attitude and the way they handled things both on and off the court this year.

Kobe had help, Duncan had help, Bird had help, Magic had help, Jordan had help, none of those single handily won a title by them selves.

you said it perfectly rundave!! How many HOF did Magic and Bird play with? In fact Jordan played with a HOF'er and not positive but pretty sure Kobe and Duncan won there first titles with HOF centers...(yeah shaq isn't officially a HOF'er but will definatley be one soon and if D Robinson isn't he will be)

Oh Ozzies back after originally giving the Miami heat 5 consecutive titles from the get-go if memory serves me right. grin

To compare 3 Olympian Dream Team 2 members conspiring to win a championship and then comparing it to Duncan, Magic, Bird and Jordans titles is laughable at best.

Again congrats to the South Beach ASSEMBLED Angles on there title!

There is 2 teams I hate in the NBA, the Celtics since KG went there, and the Heat since Labron went there. Well, and the Knicks, but I hate all NY teams, so I dont even count them.

"The Big Three" didn't take pay cuts in Miami. They are all on max. contracts. LeBron has turned the corner to greatness, you could just see it since halfway through the Boston series. I can't question his mental approach any more. But there are other teams on the doorstep that have done it organically. I can't even knock those guys for conspiring to play together. If I had some buddies that were good players I would want to play together too. But then again, most guys that are that good want to be alpha dog and beat anyone else up (Jordan, Bird, Kobe) rather than play with them.

kind of funny when a professional athlete moves to a new team and the media blows it way out of proportion and then people all of a sudden hate the guy unless it's your team he's going to. anybody remember a certain qb that came to the vikes to deliver them to the promised land and not too many in viking territory thought that was a terrible deal.

Oh Ozzies back after originally giving the Miami heat 5 consecutive titles from the get-go if memory serves me right. grin

To compare 3 Olympian Dream Team 2 members conspiring to win a championship and then comparing it to Duncan, Magic, Bird and Jordans titles is laughable at best.

Again congrats to the South Beach ASSEMBLED Angles on there title!

I don't remember giving them 5 titles but 3 is doable and I haven't gone anywhere Pier I have been here the whole time.....

And how is it laughable to compare Bosh, Wade, James to say Duncan/Robinson/Elliot or Bird/Parrish/Mchale or Jordan/Pippen/Grant or Magic/Worthy/Jabbar...On all these teams they have 2 or more HOF's with a good to great 3rd option and on some of those teams they had even decent 4th and 5th options...its not like the Heat developed a team that would be condidered the best of all time.