• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

42" Walleye from Minnetonka? You be the judge...

fisherman-andy

That fish is from an episode of MIDWEST OUTDOORS my dvr caught a couple days ago. They were trolling large husky jerks on lake ERIE 12 days before christmas according to the show. They showed them catching three walleyes all were long and FAT like that one. My guess is they were pushing 12-13 pounds. Those things were beasts.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see those fish coming out of Tonka! I have landed 30"+ Walleye on Tonka. In fact last night i was fighting a HUGE Northern and we had a boat full of people pass literally within 20 ft of me while i was trying to land it, and they didn't even notice... most people are out there puttering around drinking mojitos and martinis.

Back to the original photo you could probably take the average width of a human middle finger and scale the fish from that...as you can see a couple of fingers on the belly of the fish. dump you can even use the 97% human finger width and still find out that there is no way in hell that fish was 42". Next time if he wants the fish to look like a 50" walleye perhaps a go-pro with its wide angle lens would do the trick.

What's wrong with mojitos? whistle

And this is just another rumor like the 50 LB Pike caught on Rainy lake... or whatever.