• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heard a few different reports of flatheads being caught on the river between RLF and CKN....any truth to this?? i was skeptical about the story....i didnt think they were up this way, can someone please correct me if im wrong??

i never would have thought a musky would end up in the RLR so it could be true. a flathead has rounded tail and a channel cat has a forked tail if we can get a look at a pic.

Would be really intresting to see a pic of said catfish most likely a channel cat but with mother nature you never know.

Ya, I asked him if he had a picture but he didnt. I told him with out a picture its just another fish tail..I wasnt trying to beat the guy up on his story...a pic would have put the case to rest. As mentioned b4 stranger things have been known to happen so I can believe that it "could happen" but unlikley. I hope he makes me eat my shorts and get a pic of one so I can give credit when credit is due!

Never heard of a Flathead in the Red Lake River, but I suppose it's possible. They don't seem to inhabit "northern" stretches of water much past I-94. But then again, I would've never imagined so many smallmouth, and crappie in our river either???

A picture is worth a thousand words. Even a poor cell phone pic would tell the tale.

The channel cats are going gang busters right now. May have simply been a case of mistaken identity.