• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone have any information on edelweiss campground (sturgeon) or oak lake campground? I couldn't find much online. I'm putting together a trip for my church, and to give them an up north feel, without exactly roughing it. Moose lake state park is also an option. Which of the 3 lakes is the better all around fishing? Thanks for any advice.

I would opt for Sturgeon Lake of the three choices. Bigger and better fishing.

Oak hands down, more secluded and contrary to popular belief larger fish. Watched the DNR net this lake three years ago average walleye 24'' too big to eat but fun and really good size pike, tough to catch the eyes easy to catch the pike.

Kettle

The folks that own / run the campground on Oak seemed like nice folks when I stopped in for bait last year. I think you can catch sunnies anywhere on that lake.

My inlaws have been seasonal campers on Oak Lake for close to 10 yrs now. Henry, Norma and son Allen are very nice people. The fishing is ok. There are many Crappies and Northerns to be caught. Walleye fishing is quite slow. There are some big ones as we have caught several over 5 lbs and a couple over 7 lbs over the years. But very hard to catch. We average around 10 per summer. Much better panfish and Northern lake with many nice bass mixed in. The campround has a small playground and a small 3 hole golf course that is free. It is a nice place.

If it is a fishing trip I would go to Sturgeon. If it is more of a camping trip and you are just going to have a few people wet a line and do some other activities then I would opt for Oak Lake. I think Sturgeon offers better overall fishing and is a larger lake. Oak Lake Campground is a nice and friendly place. They have boat rentals, a small beach with a swim raft, par 3 golf course, and a kids playground.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cabin on Oak and the Walleye fishing is very tough. Can catch a few decent pike, the occasional nice bass, and the panfish are usually willing, but not real large.