• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Real Truth About Riverpro Boats!!!!!!

kwkfsh

Question

I saw and read the posts, and I thought to myself yea right. Now I have spent quite a number of years in the marine industry and have owned and run and sold a huge number of jet boats. I have seen it all the good, bad, and the ugly. And let me tell you there is most definitely the bad and the ugly in the jet boat world. Well I had the opportunity to talk to Kevin Turner on a couple of occasions and I was truly impressed with the knowledge he has for a guy from Missouri (no offense Kevin, but that’s not traditional jetboat country) Not only does Mr. Turner know his stuff, but he has allied himself with some of the biggest names in the world of high performance jetboats. And I am talking about people who built their reputation on boats that can corner so hard that you can feel your internal organs bouncing around in your body cavity. Boats that can run thru Class 3 whitewater at over 100mph, and when they leave the river at that speed and pileup in the rocks and trees the hulls remain intact (quite dented but intact). The RiverPro hulls are built as strong and tough as is possible. This combined with an engine/jet package offering a tremendous hp to weight ratio, equals a package that should be quick and nimble unlike a prop boat can ever dream of. Now as a long time marine sales manager, licensed captain, and pro guide, I can be a picky SOB when it comes to boats. But I will certainly be taking a good hard look at a RiverPro the next time I am in the market for a boat. Now if you do not enjoy exhilaration, adrenaline, exploration, having all the fish to yourself and an unparalleled feeling of freedom and adventure, then do not, I repeat DO NOT ever go for a ride in a RiverPro. Because you will instantly become hooked, and you may never be same again (although that may very well be a good thing). grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

11 answers to this question

I am happy to see that some one with good background in jet boats and rather picky smile.gifcan appreciate the quality and performance in River Pro boats.I honestly believe that these boats are the best jet boats designed for the shallow water rivers that we have here in Minnesota.I did a lot of homework when deciding what my next rig was going to be.Of all the boats that I looked at from jon boats to inboards, including boats made in the northwest along with the upper eastern states, River Pro stood out as one with exceptional quality and impressive performance.I was offered some steep discounts on boats that were less expensive than a River Pro but I had to go with River Pro.All jets boats designed for use on shallow rivers will run shallow but the River Pro with its extremely tough and lightweight hull designed with a reverse chine that actually creates its own lift runs that little bit shallower that can be crucial at times.You couple that hull with a quick powerful 2 stroke power source that reaches its high end rpms rapidly and the boat is able to propel you over obsticles that that many river rats encounter on a daily basis.This boat is a winner.I had never ridden in a River Pro before I decided in getting one but every one I have ever talked to that either owns one or has riden in one was amazed at what the boat can do.I can tell tell you that after driving one for the last month the ride is undiscibable.
All this and I haven't even started describing how fishable the boat is.It is one of the most stable fishing platforms I have ever fished out of.
I will be fishing out of one of these boats for a long time to come.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com

"I don't know much about boats - but I know what I like!"

My day in the Low-Pro was great! Very fishable.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

So you made the jump Fishhead? Cool....Ata boy!

You know what I had to say about the design and performance of the RiverPro. I think I just may have seeded a bug in your ear last season, am I right? wink.gif

A very wise choice, especially for a hardcore guide who travels the waters you do.

I just may have a "thingy" for your new rig when you get over this way again. Something for the night time SUMO Piggy ranger, if your interested? smile.gif

My question remains still; who NEEDS to be going 100mph on the water? This is Fishing, not Nascar! Slow down and enjoy the scenry!

Hey guys, thanks for the rave reviews.

And Crawlerman, don't worry. The fastest RiverPro only runs @ 55 MPH.

[This message has been edited by Kevin Turner (edited 04-11-2003).]

C'mon now Kevin don't tell me you hav'nt toyed with the idea of having a Sprint boat for sunday cruises. For those of you who have not seen a Sprint boat before the are a 12foot 275 lb. hull with a 300 to 700 hp smallblock and a jetdrive. They will do 0 to 60 faster than any car you have ever been in, and will do a 90 degree turn at 70 mph. YEEEHAWWWW!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Kwikfish, I had a Eagle Racing Step Tech Sport boat, 383 Stroker with all the goodies. I owned the boat for 3 years and put 5 Hours on it. Awsome ride up the river, but no place to put the poles.

Crawlerman, I was talking about actual racing, just as nascar is actual racing and not running around town at 200 mph. If you would like to see some wild action you can go to a site called jetboatracing and you will see some 100+ mph airborne thru 4 ft standing wave shots. Then you will have an idea of how tough the Riverpros are built. grin.gif

Dutchboy.I am running one and use it on the Minnesota and Miss.rivers.Matter of fact there a quite a few guys running these rigs on the rivers here in Minnesota.Even the DNR has a few of the boats.I'll show you mine. smile.gif

Crawlerman
Just because a boat has ample power does not mean that the operator is a motorhead thinking of nothing but going very fast.I am a fisherman first and foremost.On a river it is often times much safer to have a lot of power than a little.Allthough River Pro boats are a sporty craft they were designed to navigate shallow rivers safely.The power in these boat IS a safety feature.

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 04-12-2003).]

More POWER..ARR...ARR..ARRR!

wink.gif

All kidding aside, it is important to have power to safely operate on often dangerous slallow rivers. You can get in a bind fast without it! It is better to have, then to need.

Safty, is in my mind, one of key selling points of a River-Pro boat.

And we all KNOW, Fishhead would not flaunght all that power...Nooooo. wink.gif

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

BWGedcatlogobar.jpg

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 04-14-2003).]