• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My wife and I are gonna head up that way the 2nd week of June and camp at Fall Lake campground.

I've never fished that area before and am looking at a few tips for techniques.

I'm planning on running bottom bouncers and spinners w/ crawlers, slip bobbering leeches, and running crankbaits if the northerns aren't too thick.

Hoping to find some crappies too. I'm assuming if there's weeds around there should be some panfish close by?

Looks like dark water lakes up there so I'm assuming there's a decent daytime bite on the lakes.

Probably fish the White Iron chain for the most part. What kind of depths should I be looing at?

Thanks,

Brian

BMC:

not so sure you will get a whole lot of response online, but I may be surprised ...

I find that the guys at the Ely baitshops are pretty aware of what is working and are willing to give you advise when asked. I recommend you stop by Great Outdoors or Babes on your way into Ely and get some fresh bait and advice there. Good luck.

Yoppdk

Lindy Rigs should be the ticket. It will be too early for the 'eyes to be on the reefs yet, so I would be looking off of points and in the 15-20 foot water off of structure. Leeches and crawlers are the best by then. White Iron is a good lake that time of year. Might even be able to find some fish on Fall. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Looking forward to hitting some new water.

I met Great Outdoors 2 winters ago when a friend and I were up on Burntside fishing w/ stfcatfish.

I'll have to stop in there to get bait and get a few pointers.

Brian

Fall Lake itself isn't too bad. What size motor will you be running? I'm sure you're aware of the BWCAW line in the lake. There's good water on both sides but if you can enter the B dub you might find some pannies.

White Iron should still be good and since your in the area for a while, Shagawa might be of interest for a day.

I'd take your time and really look at the areas you're fishing. Break it down and see how much structure variance there really is. You can easily get caught up in "Hey these look like nice rocks to fish". Find the transitions.

I would spend a few bucks and pick up some bait at the shop on ther west side of Ely. He always points you in the right direction and his bait is good.