• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nice morning to go to work on the lake.

Started out very shallow looking for some gills for supper. Worked alot of water from 2-6ft by weeds in areas that have always given me some nicer gills during the spawn year after year on the lake I was on this am. Last week I did pretty good in this same shallow spot but nothing today.

So, I went to another location where I typically boat some nice gills after the spawn and man, were they packed in this location.

Water temp was 65.9 degrees and almost all my gills-35- came from 9-14fow. Nice part about this bite was I also boated 9 eyes and keep 3 for a meal. Also picked up a nice 9# pike for my neighbor as she likes to pickle some pike every so often.

I used my usual tactic of trolling a crawler harness for the bigger gills as that has always treated me very well and then the bonus eyes were real nice.

Out of the fish I kept and cleaned, 1 had a very small amount of eggs and the rest were empty.

I am seeing the same sort of gill action. A few still on the beds but it seems most have moved off.

Beautiful morning on the lake this am.

Eyes, crappie and gills were biting better than yesterday. All eyes went back as I have my limit in the freezer. Kept a meal of gills and my limit of very nice crappie going from 12-14 inches. Only one was at the 14 mark though. Only 1 sheepie today. Caught 4 eyes that were keepers and 3 little ones, all still swimming.

Today I boated almost all my fish from 7-10fow and I fished a different area of the lake. All my fish came on a hammered gold spinner and a crawler. I was trolling my bait about 2-3ft of the bottom using 2 small split shot to stay above the weeds.

Have to take a few days off and eat some fish now before I can go out again. It's the weekend and that's fine as I typically do not fish those days. lake was pretty busy this am at 5:30am.

Good luck to all who go out this weekend. Fish are snapping.