• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Eric_Kruger

with it being so hot, I would look to whatever deeper water is closest.

TruthWalleyes

I am the original poster. Looking to see if I can get some answers that are back on target to the topic on hand. I have been hitting tetonka in early morning this past week. Gone out twice and each time have had great success. 1st time we got a 20 inch, 18 inch, 17 inch and 16 inch walleye along with two large large mouth bass.

The second time we got a 23 inch and two 18 inch walleye. I have been fishing from 5 30 to about 8 30 am. So my question is this. what happens at 8 30. do they just stop biting or are they moving somewhere else. what can I do to keep catching them, or are they just shutting off all together? thanks for any insight.

Like we said when you first posted....IN THE WEEDS.

Fish at night in the weeds.. You might be suprised. wink

smeese

I have also been able to locate them in the weeds after dark. How deep were you fishing RockinHerda? Near the weedlines?

RockinHerda

10-12 ft. I assumed they go deeper after they stopped biting. Which is about 8 30 am for when I've been out.

TruthWalleyes

Not right now they don't, and not on tetonka.

Comit 2

With all the fish you have been catching I don't think you need help. grin

They head for the shadows. Sometimes you can almost fish them up to the shore on the east side of lakes (in the shade of trees). It works great in the fall when the shadows are long most of the morning.

Are you keeping all the fish or catch and release? Maybe post some pics.

RockinHerda

Here are 2 of the walleyes and a largemouth bass.

walleye2.jpg

walley1.jpg

bass.jpg

Matt C

Awesome! Especially The Metallica shirt laugh

\

Looks like the beach area? Shallow eyes?

Scott M

Thanks for sharing Rocka...been hearing some good reports from the lake this year which is great to hear.

Yooperguy

Here are 2 of the walleyes and a largemouth bass.

walleye2.jpg

walley1.jpg

bass.jpg

Better close all roads going into Waterville, by the looks of those that will bring people. whistle

smeese

I thought that lake was private anyways? crazy

TruthWalleyes

A 25" from saturday on Tetonka. Jig and Worm. 8'.

full-26433-22567-img_4302.jpg

no bait nate

Nice fish boys. Those are some healthy walleyes. That lake has been putting out some beauties lately!

Comit 2

You guys should watch out when you take pics.

I can tell you all those fish pics came within 200 yd of each other. Some on the point and one on the saddle.

You have to remember Walleyes eyes do not adjust to light like ours do. So when the sun get high in the sky and starts to penetrate the surface (not reflect as glare) Walleyes have to go deep or find shade to see well.

smeese

If your worried you should send that via PM instead, but your point is valid not that announcing the specific features helps the matter any wink

TruthWalleyes

You guys should watch out when you take pics.

I can tell you all those fish pics came within 200 yd of each other. Some on the point and one on the saddle.

You have to remember Walleyes eyes do not adjust to light like ours do. So when the sun get high in the sky and starts to penetrate the surface (not reflect as glare) Walleyes have to go deep or find shade to see well.

Ain't worried about it. I could tell also smirk

If someone can tell by the thin background view...They spend a lot of time on the lake and those spots should not be new news. Reefs and saddles...Walleye territory. Deerrrrr

Comit 2

Back the the Q of "Why do they stop biting at 8 o'clock?".

Light is color! Look at a rainbow! The angle of light hitting the water surface will change the colors available under the surface. So one option would be to keep changing colors of your lures until you make contact.

I always had good luck bumping the weed stubble bottom with sunfish and fire tiger rattle raps in that area or that lake this time of year. That was in the early days of the Hornet. grin

You know where the fish are so I would suggest experimenting with color, lure type and speed. It will give you confidence for those time when the fish are hard to find. Find out what all works and what doesn't and come up with a go to search lure that works and covers a lot of area fast. Numbers are good to brag about but knowledge will pay off in the long run.

Good luck and good fishing.

Comit 2

Quote:
Ain't worried about it. I could tell also smirk

If someone can tell by the thin background view...They spend a lot of time on the lake and those spots should not be new news.

That is what I was saying. It was nice of them to share the pics with us but they don't need to show people like you and me where the spot is. I mean, hey, they did all the work finding them and isn't that what fishing is all about, finding them. Doing the work and having it pay off in the end? Do all that just to have scavengers move in and load up there freezers and give them away. That is not fishing that is exploitation!

raymondk

nice to see some pictures.

Eric_Kruger

at least the pictures were taken without the water tower in the background......I like seeing pics. I drive by the lake everyday and yes I know exactly where he is fishing but I havent seen a sudden rush of boats out there since they were posted. Maybe three boats at once MAX.....keep posting, its nice to see that there is still some decent fish in there, as far as walleyes go, Ive never had a ton of luck out there. alot of little fish but nothing like the ones in the pics.

TruthWalleyes

Lol. You guys must FREAK when you see all the ice houses in one spot too. laugh

Comit 2

Quote:
Lol. You guys must FREAK when you see all the ice houses in one spot too. laugh

Only when there in that spot. grin

I have a good feeling I know where on Tetonka the get-together will be this winter.

Isn't that the way to Ice fish? Look for all the houses that are close together and fish there! laugh Silly Q, I know. Of coarse it's how to Ice fish. smirk

David Leatherman

Every summer in the 50's our family would travel from Newton Iowa to Waterville for a week's worth of fishing on Lake Tetonka and surrounding lakes for bulkheads, walleye, bass, crapies,  sun fish, dog fish, etc.  I remember the mink farm and the ice house.  Good memories!!!

Knowknot

Wow, Osbourn's mink farm, that's been gone for a long time, early 60's if I remember right. I remember all the blue license plates around town as a kid in the 60's. Brings back great memories...