• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
minneman

Splash gaurds $

Question

minneman

Anyone know what I can expect to pay for a set with a Vantage cut out on one side for a pro guide or competitor type transom 95"- whitecaps - walleye Master - Wave Wacker ?

16 answers to this question

gregg52

big difference in $$$$

i have white caps now and they are great the guy installed them while i waited i have a 20 ft yar craft with a cut out on one side i think they were bout 250

my old boat i had wallleyes masters and they were good to back then white caps werent around but walleye masters are more than wc by a couple hundred i believe

and wave wackers are like buying gold

goose89

should be able to get quotes by contacting them. I'm more than happy with my WhiteCaps. fair price and great service. Mounted, like gregg52 said, right on the spot if you can bring it to him. Brian is a good guy. Don't know much about other options, other than WW's are gonna probably run you more. good luck.

Cheers

W.C. have a good web site with $ I cant post the web site but just google search it

harvey lee

I am more than pleased with the quality and performance of my White caps.

I mounted my own as it was very easy to do so I purchased them for a darn good price.

I gave Brian my boat model and size and what motor I had and they made them up and they fit perfect.

Mike Stark

I also purchased white caps and installed them myself. They are easy to install and at least half the price of wave wackers.

amateurfishing

are these "splash guards" clear plastic pieces u put on back of boat to keep water from splashing in? if so, i need some

Mike Stark

yes. they keep water from splashing in while back trolling.

full-21032-20358-ssv16.jpg

amateurfishing

where to get & whats the cost?

MIDNIGHT777

Another vote for white caps. I had them on my previous boat and was very happy with them. Best bang for your buck in my opinion.

Matt

jwmiller33

full-27725-20360-splash.jpg

Here are my whitecaps. They cost $180 and I installed myself, pretty easy to do and it is a fun little project. They work great

Loon

I have a 2011 Lund 1675 Pro Guide with a Vantage transom mount and Wave Wackers.

$329 + $23.93 tax + $16.44 shipping = $369.37

I researched them all and decided on Wave Wackers because of 4 reasons:

#1: The custom Vantage cutout

#2: Cleaner look - not a bunch of rivets

#3: Removable with thumbscrews

#4: Corners were bent over - seems sturdier

Those 4 things were worth the extra money to me. And we're only talking $100 difference.

amateurfishing

the reason i am intersted is last year i was getting spray in back of boat from motor and dont want my boys to get all wet when going for a ride, would this solve the problem?

Mike Stark

the reason i am intersted is last year i was getting spray in back of boat from motor and dont want my boys to get all wet when going for a ride, would this solve the problem?

It might help but that is not what they are designed for. Sounds like you might need to raise your whole motor up a bit or you might have a transducer that is low on the transom.

amateurfishing

what is ducer to low on transom mean? when i mounted it last fall it is right above the bottom of the boat edge just so it can barely read water under boat, u want a pic?

Mike Stark

that is not your problem then. smile

amateurfishing

last year was first year with the boat, maybe just trimmed slightly wrong, will play with it a little this year