• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

As always following the high water is the gooey mess it leaves behind. The launches were fairly muddy on Mon and got worse yesterday. Without them being cleaned out in the next day or two launching might be nearly impossible without 4wd and a small boat. Those responsible for keeping the launches clean do a great job at some accesses and others not good at all. Be sure to keep that in mind in the next few days, you might arrive to nothing but a wall of mud.

@ beefeater, the walleye peak happened about the 1 st of May this year.

@ beefeater, the walleye peak happened about the 1 st of May this year.

I would have to agree on this also. The bite may be stong now but the peak is long over with.

The Henderson landing has about 20 feet of 12" deep mud down to the river. As fast as the river is dropping right now, I am afraid by the weekend it may not be usable. As far as walleyes go, I agree, we are post peak. In fact, the one that I caught last night was as skinny as can be, and I didnt even know he was on my line.

Agree the bite was crazy beginning of may. Time to get flathead gear together.

@ beefeater, the walleye peak happened about the 1 st of May this year.......... Im talking about since opener. Walleye fishing always peaks on the mn before season. if i choose to fish walleyes illegally i could go to a number of different areas and catch big spawning females up in the willows. I however choose to wait untill after opener. Many large walleyes on there nests in the river will not return after being angled....@ we dont worry about the mud at the accssess beucase its THE RIVER

Those out of season fish should stop eating our bullheads then. In that case I’d probably say that Nov is peak. grin

I don’t mind the mud all that much either, But when it gets about 20” deep ain’t no one launching.

@ beefeater, the walleye peak happened about the 1 st of May this year.......... Im talking about since opener. Walleye fishing always peaks on the mn before season. if i choose to fish walleyes illegally i could go to a number of different areas and catch big spawning females up in the willows. I however choose to wait untill after opener. Many large walleyes on there nests in the river will not return after being angled....@ we dont worry about the mud at the accssess beucase its THE RIVER

You must really know some 'secret' walleye spawning spots if you know they were in the willows this year. They must walk on dry land too. ;-)

You must really know some 'secret' walleye spawning spots if you know they were in the willows this year. They must walk on dry land too. ;-)

No i meant during hi water seasons. I know many spawning areas during low water aswell. And years ago i of would have said november is peak walleye fishing, and maybe it is, but i rarley fish after November 1st anymore because i begin work with the disabled vetrens society nov 1st- xmas... And the past few years have done work with them nov 1st through mid April. so if i have a chance ta fish in november i usually choose to go muskie fishing. Only other chances i get ta fish during these time periods is during some of our yearly ice fishing events. Although i must say the best day ive ever had on the river was an unusually cold fall saterday in mid october near New Ulm. Boated over 100 walleyes with 2 well over 10lbs