• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gold Colored Pheasant

bluehat28

I have been watching this rooster pheasant and cant decide why he appears gold.The neighbor boy got some photos ever heard or seen this?full-367-20231-img_0827.jpg

full-367-20232-img_0826.jpg

full-367-20233-img_0824(2).jpg

full-367-20234-img_0747(1).jpg

The photos dont do it much justice, it really looks gold colored [img:center]http:// full-367-20236-img_0924(1).jpg

full-367-20237-img_0925(1).jpg

I've seen an albino but I've never seen a rooster like the ones in the pics.

Some roosters take a while to get their colors but this one is old enough to be all colored out.

It's weird. Cool, but weird.

There is a hen that color where I hunt down by Regal. She is pure gold/tan with no other colors. I have seen her the past 2 years on the same section of land.

Cool looking bird. can't say I have ever seen one that light in color either.

Hmmm...might need to give me some exact coordinates of said specimen for further analysis. Don't read too much into it if my analysis takes place during hunting season, and involves blaze orange, a German wirehaired pointer, and a shotgun... whistle

It could have been crossed breed with a pen raised bird from a game farm.

I use to raise Ringneck, Silver, Golden, Lady Amherst and Black pheasants and one of those in the wild could interbeed with a ringneck and come up with some different color variations.

Only answer I got for you.

Sure would make a beautiful mount.

I would agree with Harvey. It looks like a cross with a domesticated bird or there's a possibility it's got the slightest case of leucism I've ever seen.

Thats a pretty bird. I have seen one similar to that and I notice you are from Sartell (I live near there too), wonder if its the same bird?

When I saw it it was a great distance away so I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.