• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How long before Gardy is gone?

Rippinlip

Agreed. Bruno and Ricky have to go. The Twins hitting philosophy is clearly broken. Players leave here and their game gets better. We're a slap hitting team that can't even hit the ball anymore. Way too many stikeouts for a team that is told not to swing for the fences.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greebs

• Musky Buck

• harvey lee

• B. Amish

I agree with the guys saying the team will not improve until attendance is down and they lose money. It is all about business with them since Eloise died. Thus, i will not support them monetarily at all.

Here is my prediction. They will sign 2-4 Correia/Pelfrey types and maybe a position player or two that is destined to hit .230 and then try and get everyone to believe they have done something to fix the problem. They will also point to Sano/Buxton and say wait until they get here, then we will contend in about 2015 or 2016. guess what, we wont be good until Sano and Buxton have about 5 years of experience IF...IF we surround them with pitching. So, the earliest I see us contending is about 2020.

I would like to see one of the radio stations organize a boycott. That would hit them where they need to be hit.

Common Man isn't calling for a boycott but he has been bashing the team management very heavily noon to 3:00 the past few months. Right now the team payroll for next year is committed to something like $50M including #7's $23M. They sure as #Q@$%^# better spend another $30-$50M if they want me to care.

Some of the worst pitching in the majors, the fact that the twins struck out 1430 times this season(3rd most in MLB history), and 3 years of losing 90+ games screams change in coaching and management. I am pist big time that these guys are coming back. Let these incompetent coaches teach the young power hitters we have coming up to hit to the opposite field and the pitchers to pitch to contact...

I will not spend a nickel at target field until something changes. I haven't watched or listened to a game since June. I am normally a die hard including the last two terrible seasons. Ownership is all about the money, I hope all the other diehards close their wallets to target field and keep their TV's and radios tuned to anything but twins baseball next year.

Agree but many will still support the worthless Twins team as they have in the past 3 years. My Bro in law has had numerous season tickets for years and let them go this spring as he said he could not support the Twins anylonger as all they were doing was taking his money and putting a semi pro team on the field.

Being honest, the Twins are a complete joke and at best are a semi pro team and may not even do that well there.

How so many can still support the Twins is beyond me.

I love the Twins and baseball as much as anyone but not the Twins the way Jim Pohland plays the game.

Best thing that could happen is the current owners would sell the team.

good read...I gave up on the Twins 2 years ago and haven't watched a full game since and I can tell you [PoorWordUsage] and moaning over the stupidity of the organization is one thing I don't miss!!! They suckered us into helping them build a stadium and turn around a year later and put a minor league club out and bring back the guy (Terry Ryan) that held us back from pulling the trigger on an end of the year deal to help our squads for many years!!! Wow that is more than I wanted to say about the Twins but I guess I kinda do still care just not enough to waste my whole spring/summer on the current org.

Cicada: "With all the whining about the players that have left the Twins and then became All-Stars, how's this for a prediction: The Twins lose the last two remaining games, Gardenhire leaves the Twins, is hired by the Texas Rangers and becomes Manager of the Year and ends up in the World Series."

Oops.

well I wish I couldn't say I told you so, but I told you so. the organization of no accountability strikes again. so terry ryan says "we" have a plan and then gardy says "terry" has a plan. I really hope terry's plan is to resign.

sounds to me like we can plan on continued downward spiral from this team for at least a couple more years at least. it's really laughable. they don't extend him last year and this year ends up being a duplicate of last and now they give him two more years and ask everyone else back as well. the saying about truth being stranger than fiction is definitely correct.

sicksicksicksicksick

the twins are a professional farm team have been since the beginning, every once in a while things work out.

the twins are a professional farm team have been since the beginning, every once in a while things work out and they have the right combo of players but for the most part their history has been to season young players and let them go for another young prospect, tough for a manager to win that way.

Only for the Twins or as a corporate CEO could you perform so badly and get rewarded for it.

It seems to me the Twins told the state if they built a new stadium for them that they would run a 100 Million dollar payroll due the the additional revenue the stadium would generate.

The stadium is empty because the newness of outdoor baseball and seeing the stadium is wearing off, not to mention you have to go to the cesspool of cr@papolis, they can have the wolves but the twinkies and queens should be playing in pigs eye the real sports town of minnesota.

Garza,Lohse,Liriano, Nathan, Cuddyer/Gomez/Willingham, Morneau,Hardy,Dozier, Ramos and Mauer DH who cares and we've been a mess at 3rd forever, at least we could dream what that team might do, what's sad is we only have 3 of those 12 guys. Gardy it is for 2 more years, I'm fine with that I guess, he doesn't sign or offer contracts to what he has to work with. Now our team is the team that K's a ton and can't K a ton. Bet Doumit misses Pittsburgh, they're in and he's out. Willingham in Oakland. Should be an interesting 2014, actually not that interesting but our opening day line-up, who gets the white ball.

• 9 months later...

Guess how many of these mgrs on this list have better winning % during their short terms with the teams that fired them than you know who has had for the last 3.5 seasons yet while all these fellas were fired, twins give a two year extension to their mgr. if gardy hadn't inherited a talented team he might have made this list. Most of the teams on the list were lacking talent too and apparently their owners didn't make excuses.

I really don't believe gardy is a terrible mgr, but don't think he's the guy to lead a rebuilding project. If they manage to end up at bottom of division or close, have to think Terry Ryan has to either resign himself or fire gardy. After all he took the blame last year saying he didn't give gardy enough talent to work with.