• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stadium Vote

pikestabber

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• LMITOUT

• nofishfisherman

• mnviking28

That's what you'll hear at the new "People's Stadium" in a year or two when they can't sell it out due to the product on the field...kinda like Target Field.

In a way, he's right.

I said it before, if the Vikings could actually put a winning team on the field they'd have more public support for this stadium. Instead, they keep getting used up old washed out q-backs and no talent defensive secondary.

Will a new stadium change the way they acquire talent and play to win? Or, will it just keep the same old-same-old team in town for a few more years? Hell, at least Denver finally won a Super Bowl.

I'm thinking the latter, I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

You need some new material.....

Not as bad as the Vikings need a front office and coaching staff.....

The only thing worn out is the machine pumping out "hope".

Although it must have a good PM program as it's been running for 50+ years now.

It's like that scratched cd that was in my wifes car. Just kept spring the same line over and over. I finally chucked it last week, it was just garbage take up space.

I finally chucked it last week, it was just garbage take up space.

Zygi should do the same with Leslie.

A good CD player would have handled the scratched up old disk.

In a way, he's right.

I said it before, if the Vikings could actually put a winning team on the field they'd have more public support for this stadium. Instead, they keep getting used up old washed out q-backs and no talent defensive secondary.

Will a new stadium change the way they acquire talent and play to win? Or, will it just keep the same old-same-old team in town for a few more years? Hell, at least Denver finally won a Super Bowl.

I'm thinking the latter, I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell.

The stadium bill had plenty of public support. The reasons for the problems getting the bill passed was strictly political B.S.

Racino was hugely popular by the people of Minnesota...how can such a simple fix to the stadium and other issues be so strongly opposed by the people at the capital. Hmmmm....

The stadium bill had plenty of public support.

Poll after poll disagrees with that statement, and has for over ten years.

Thee Most enjoyable NFL game I've been to and I've been to quite a few, was the Monday Night "played on Tuesday" Vikes vs Bears game at the Bank in a snow storm.

Outdoor football can't be beat!

Living in MPLS I'd be happy to pay for the Retractable roof TOO.. But I don't see it happening~

Thee Most enjoyable NFL game I've been to and I've been to quite a few, was the Monday Night "played on Tuesday" Vikes vs Bears game at the Bank in a snow storm.

It was also the most enjoyable to watch on TV, even with Jaws and Mike Tirico. Win, lose, or draw for the Vikings it was a fun game to watch. Just seemed like the real fans were there, not the corporate stuffed suits that are typically at the games and everyone seemed to be having a good time from what I could see even though it wasn't above 50 degrees. smirk

Football should be played outside, period.

On KFAN, Lester Bagley stated that if it is under 50 degrees, NFL will not allow roof to be retracted. What the he//???? If that is the criteria, why waste the money on a retractable??

A retractable is the only way to roll for Zigy, that way they can have other events there and have the ability to close the roof in case of rain or snow.

He can make way more money that way instead of only having the stadium used 8 times a year.

I'm down with the retractable roof but I agree it should be open for all the football games.

I have been to several Packers games at Lambeau field in some tough weather as well. The rain has sucked, but I cant say I was ever cold there. I have been to games when it was below zero, and snowing, and you stay pretty cozy in the stands. I think a lot of it has to do with the heaters on the field, and packing 70k cheeseheads into one area, shoulder to shoulder. My biggest complaints with Lambeau was the seating, I hate the bench seats, with no backs on them, and if you get a row of fat people, good luck being comfortable. They allow you about 2 feet per person.

I hope they do make it a retractable roof, I like outdoor football, but I do hate sitting in the rain when it is 30 degrees and windy. Thats when it will be nice to close her up.

The stadium bill had plenty of public support. The reasons for the problems getting the bill passed was strictly political B.S.

Political B.S. is the only reason the bill passed at all. Government policy seems to be to make the rich richer. I can live in a home that is 130 years old, The kids can go to school in a building that was built 80 years ago but a bunch of grown up kids can't play football in a building that is 30 years old. Utter nonsence.

I can live in a home that is 130 years old, The kids can go to school in a building that was built 80 years ago but a bunch of grown up kids can't play football in a building that is 30 years old. Utter nonsence.

The big difference is that you don't have to convince 70,000 people that the amenities in your home are worth them paying you $50-$200 or more to visit for three hours... The metrodome was one of the least profitable stadiums in the NFL (and not just because we had a bad team last year). For a stadium to stay profitable, it has to be up-to-date, offer a great fan experience, and have the concessions and extra perks that bring people out to a game instead of staying at home to watch it on TV. The metrodome was vastly outdated in comparison to other stadiums. Comparing the age of a stadium to the age of a school building or a home is apples to oranges, IMO.

And it shows how messed up some peoples' and legislators' priorities really are. If they came to my place at least they would see a winner.

Of course a packer fan living in minnesota is going to be against a stadium built for the vikings. Why dont you ust say that flipper. We all know everything else you say is smoke screen. By the way....this stadium is going to rock. Can't wait.

I have been to several Packers games at Lambeau...... and if you get a row of fat people,

What are the odds- 98%? laughlaughlaugh

Nothin quite like going from one of the worst stadiums in the league to having one of the best in the league. Zigy is pumped he'll pimp it out.

Exactly. Didn't start this but since it was started, I'll add that The Vikings may want to install plenty of double-wide seats at the new stadium because in my 45 years I've personally known and seen plenty of MN. residents who have never met a buffet they didn't like. Just sayin'.

Exactly. Didn't start this but since it was started, I'll add that The Vikings may want to install plenty of double-wide seats at the new stadium because in my 45 years I've personally known and seen plenty of MN. residents who have never met a buffet they didn't like. Just sayin'.

If you are arguing with me about the lack of room, and lack of comfort in Lambeau, you have never been there. It wasnt intended to slam the cheeseheads, and insinuate they are fat. I was just saying, the seats are very uncomfortable, and they dont allow much room for even normal size adults. The way they cram people in there, it keeps you warm even in below zero temps.

........i suppose this is exclusive to minnesota?

4WanderingEyes, no your post was true, but others had to turn it into something else. Anyway, since 1999 I've been to five games at Lambeau: Giants(two),Bears,Raiders and Vikings. Seating does gets pretty tight especially with warm clothing on but it is what it is. Usually it's not that big of an issue though and have had a blast every time we've gone. Have a good one.

I have been to several, and I have had a blast as well. Pretty much every Viking game in the last 10 years, and a few others. I am not a Packer fan, but I do enjoy watching the games there, even if the Vikings havent fared well. The fans, for the most part were decent. Just the typical drunks, swearing, and a few jabs to me, for wearing purple, but if you walked up to them, they were pleasant as can be.

[

When the Vikes bring their lard silly-me fans to a game at Lambeau it is 100%

That isn't to bad then, 98% of the fatties are Packers fans and only 2% of the fatties are Vikes fans.