• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stadium Vote

pikestabber

The republicans are playing a game with the stadium issue knowing all along that they would approve it!.....Buncha phony con men and women.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• LMITOUT

• nofishfisherman

• mnviking28

Quote:
Ziggy could quadruple the price of tickets and merchandise and have a new stadium without government getting involved.

The government would be heavily involved in collecting the MILLIONS of dollars annually in State income and sales tax's that ALL of the athletes/entertainers/patrons that preform here in our Great state.

Quote:
You guys really do believe that government exsists to fund or assist sports teams and racinos instead of protecting freedom

Good Grief ... you sound like a politician on a tabloid talk show.

protecting freedom? LOL

Well it looks like we'll have a new stadium, it just passed through the senate and is on its way to Dayton's desk for his final signature.

According to ABC News/Associated Press, the final vote in the Senate today was Yeah-36, Nay-30. Stadium passes pending signature of governor Dayton.

then it's a done deal. Dayton will sign this for sure. glad it's over. good luck.

In the end, the way I look at it is there are a lot of things the government spends money on that I don't agree with, and feel no benifit from. This ain't one of them.

STAY VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Vikings stadium vote in the senate today was just overturned...Too many Senators in the huddle! full-17729-20461-roflmao.gif

This whole thing was probably staged and dragged out to the very last minute knowing full well that they would ask the vikings to pitch in more. This way the tax payers dont take it out on the politicians for spending willy nilly and putting "Careful thought" into it. And the Vikings look good for ponying up $50 million more.

They even left the door open for the vikings to really look good to spend the extra $25 Mil and put a retractable roof on it.

It would really be great if the government could come up with some cash for all the low income and poverty level people in this state that have a hard time putting food in front of there kids or trying to make a decent living in this state. Shell all this money out for a frickin stadium to watch some guys run back and forth, get real you politicians, Just voicing my opinion on how much money gets wasted on these sports teams across the country. When i saw that guy bawling his eyes out on the news that the vikings are staying, I said to my wife that im glad I only have minor things to cry aboat like making the house and utility payments every month.

There's already lots of money being paid out to the poor and food stamps to make sure they don't go hungry. Do you really think we need to dish out more money to expand these programs? I don't think anyone in need is being turned away because of lack of funds. Building the stadium isn't going to take any money away from the poor. It may even help stimulate the economy with new jobs plus the money being brought into the state by pro football.

It would really be great if the government could come up with some cash for all the low income and poverty level people in this state that have a hard time putting food in front of there kids or trying to make a decent living in this state.

I'm all for helping out low income families, but here's my problem with dishing out any more money for this problem. There are far too many people in that poverty level class that are involved in drugs or drink too much. They don't have enough money to feed their family, but do have enough to smoke a joint or two. Let's start drug testing those who want this help, and cut off anyone who fails. With all that extra money, we could afford to up the amount of money to those who actually deserve it!

Back on track though.... I'm happy this passed. I don't attend games, but I didn't want to see them in L.A. at all.

It would really be great if the government could come up with some cash for all the low income and poverty level people in this state that have a hard time putting food in front of there kids or trying to make a decent living in this state. Shell all this money out for a frickin stadium to watch some guys run back and forth, get real you politicians, Just voicing my opinion on how much money gets wasted on these sports teams across the country. When i saw that guy bawling his eyes out on the news that the vikings are staying, I said to my wife that im glad I only have minor things to cry aboat like making the house and utility payments every month.

It would be far better for the state and those on the dole if they would eliminate welfare and use projects like this to give those people a job and income. I am all for helping those in need but I am also strongly in favor of making it a two way street where those who are getting assistance are also giving back to the community by building and maintaining infrastructure, parks etc.

My guess is if this was a requirement many of those who can't find work now would suddenly be more successful too.

I'm all for helping out low income families, but here's my problem with dishing out any more money for this problem. There are far too many people in that poverty level class that are involved in drugs or drink too much. They don't have enough money to feed their family, but do have enough to smoke a joint or two. Let's start drug testing those who want this help, and cut off anyone who fails. With all that extra money, we could afford to up the amount of money to those who actually deserve it!

I somewhat agree with this, however, what happens to these people and their helpless children if they don't pass the drug tests? Let them die on the street?

25 million more for a retractable roof? That seems insanely LOW and a no-brainer to do if true!

The 125 million is for the power option that also comes with surround sound, leather and bluetooth. The 25 million option has a hand crank, vinyl seats and no air conditioning.

I heard on the radio 25-40 million... depends on final design. I believe it will only be a small portion off the entire roof over the field that would be retractable. It sounds like the stands would still be under the roof...

Good Luck!

Ken

Just use some of that new Teflon dome material and make a retractable "rag" top. Worked on VW's. smile

On KFAN, Lester Bagley stated that if it is under 50 degrees, NFL will not allow roof to be retracted. What the he//???? If that is the criteria, why waste the money on a retractable??

On KFAN, Lester Bagley stated that if it is under 50 degrees, NFL will not allow roof to be retracted. What the he//???? If that is the criteria, why waste the money on a retractable??

I believe Ziggy wants to start a pro soccer team, and they would need the roof to be open for it.

ahhh, that would make sense. However, who the hell watches soccer??

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

Actually there is no league imposed temperature limit for the roof. That is left to the team. There are rules for lightning, rain and there are deadlines for decisions to be made though.

The best thing about this stadium deal is that there will be 1-2 years played at TCF Bank...OUTDOORS!