• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

we finally got the rain hope it reached far enought north to hit the lakes

my rain gauge from last nights storm says just shy of 2.5 inches plus

I dumped out a half inch from previous storm. the water was 6-8 inches deep in the road in front of my house

Pat, I had almost an inch from Tuesday night and about 3/4 inch last night. Hopefully our lakes got a little more than I did in Mankato.

Seemed pretty hit-or-miss for various areas with the region. Ah well, various watersheds should help bring up most of the lakes.

wow, it only rained for maybe 5 minutes yesterday afternoon. I was in sibley park. Couldn't have gotten 1/2". It is good to hear of some high rain totals in the area though! COME ON UP MINNESOTA RIVER!!!

Thanks to the Cannon river, Tetonka is up 4". Now we should be able to get the boat up to the dock.

It has a brown tint, but still clear. We got another 8th of an inch tonight so far.

All of the Faribault chain of lakes have come up nicely! Still could use more rain to get em up even more. Looks like another round today of rain.

One can even launch a larger boat in French now without waders. :))))

I don't have a rain gauge but hoochie-mamma did it ever pour buckets here in SW MN yesterday. I was standing in the garage, beverage in hand, watching the show.

Everything here was under water. Round 2 will be here in aboot 10 minutes.

No Team Redneck super manufactured garage logic PBR engineered rain gauge?

Me either. lol whistle

Round 2 is here and heading your way fellas.

I cut the top offa PBR can and put it in the driveway to get some kind of measurement. It washed away. I'll have to empty another and try again but the total will not be accurate.

I'll keep trying until I get it right. wink

I have a old rain gauge I could mail to you Eric. All you have to do is seal the bottom.

another 1.75 inches since friday evening . recent supermoon and rainfall . get out and take advantage of the crappies while you can.

2.5 inches from midnight to about 4am. That of course does not count what came during the day. I believe close to 3/4 as my gauge was at 1/2 and a bit later, it tipped over from the wind.

1.6" saturday and saturday night. I have all my field work done for now and it just penneys from heaven for me. cool Alot of people don't understand how dry we are, you dig down 5', its still dry and the aquafirs (sp) are drawn down to record low levels. Thats what the black specks that are in the well water are showing up from. we need more rain.

TW, your dads little wetland area behind my house is a small lake.

LOL...I've barried the tractor and digger there before! laugh

Pretty wet ground!

Is the dam flowing pretty well now?

Minnesota river under the highway 14 bridge in mankato looks like a toilet full of you know what flushing right now.

I don't know what the rain total has been around here but one of the local lakes was up at least two feet from where it was on saturday! Crazy water flowing out of it!

LOL...I've barried the tractor and digger there before! laugh

Pretty wet ground!

Is the dam flowing pretty well now?

Yeah, I know. I've helped pull machinery out of that hole. Of course, sometimes it was us in trucks after a 12 pack but what the heck, it was fun. I've also shot ducks and geese out of there. Bunch of geese swimmin around in there right now.

Dams a flowin. Bodies yard is pretty wet.

We had 6.5 inches of rain in Arlington last week within 7 days.

For a day, my garden looked like it was my new swimming pool.