• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where are you going for opener and where do you think they(walleye) will be?

I will be going to madison because I have a lift on the lake and then do not have to fight at the access. I think it will be a tough bite this year with the clear water. The lake is crazy clear this year. Last year I got a few in 8 feet but that's not likely this year being you can see bottom in that depth. Im thinking a quick morning and evening bite and a lot of nothing in-between. Hopefully we have some wind for a better shallow bite.

Don't let the clear water keep you from going after those shallow eyes on Madison. Many times, I've sight fished for them out there in under 3 ft. of water. Nothing better.

I will give em a go, hopefully they are there. Last year they were so spooky the only way they you could get them to bite was on the drift. If you tried to go upwind with the trolling motor, no go.

I've hit Madison the past 3 years on opener with limited success. This year I am heading to Pool 4 and Lake Pepin.

Im going to hit Nokomis. I figure with the eletric only rule no one else will be out there.

Im going to hit Nokomis. I figure with the eletric only rule no one else will be out there.

That sounds like fun!

I have to admit, growing up in Burnsville, going to HS @ Holy Angels, I have never fished Nokomis. Hung out around that lake for 4 years... Anyhoo... Good luck!

Lots of nice eyes in Nokomis. And as for Madison...I've caught eyes that were beaching themselves chasing bait in clear water.

I've hit Madison the past 3 years on opener with limited success. This year I am heading to Pool 4 and Lake Pepin.

Last couple of years have been stinkers for me out there too.

Madison is one of my favorite lakes, but not on the opener. I just am not a fight at the landing and then play bumper boats on the lake fan. I'd rather find a more out of the way spot for the opener even if that means catching fewer fish. Not sure where that destination is yet I'll probably make up my mind at the last minute... and then change it on my way to the lake. wink

going north... Usaully hit up the river but going north this year as the weekend we usually go we have a family gathering at target field. Not much for walleyes were I'm going but I know the lake has plenty o slimmers to pull on the line.

I think i'll stay local this year again and fish washington. If it is anything like last year, it should only take 3 hours to catch a limit. First walleye for me last year on opener came 9 minutes after midnight, and the boat wasn't in the lake until midnight. wink Walleyes in shallow over rocks/gravel.

You boys have fun fighting the landings in the morning; I'll cooking walleye for breakfast.

Not another boat on the lake last year until sunrise. I think we fished until 7am and it was fun showing the opener crowd what a limit of 19" walleyes looks like.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ult#Post2586393

full-26433-20041-full_26433_8702_img_349

Boundary Waters, won't be any fighting at the landing or for any spots for me.

I would think with the lack of pressure this winter it should be good. The clear water is not good tho. Good luck all :-)

I will be heading up to Mille Lacs from May 13-18th and can't wait!

I think I'll be on Tetonka throwing Muskie baits. The way I have it figured is it isn't a Muskie lake so I can be fishing for Muskies! grin

Mikeymike dont be afraid of that clear water and by definition no lakes in southern mn really meet that criteria. You just have to fish it a little different thats all

I will be fishing the deep holes in the backwaters of pool 4 for trophy fish... you guys can have all the 19 inchers you want, nothing beats pool 4 this time of year for 25"+ fish smile

Because this must be about Walleyes!

I will be fishing in the south central area because I know there will be Walleyes in the area. If the wind is not to strong I will be fishing In no deeper then 10' of water on an area lake. If the wind is strong I will head to a local river and shore fish.

I will not put 100% of my effort into hunting Walleyes. It is just the first day and there will be to many eye watching for the Great and Wonderful fish of all fish THE WALLEYE to be boated.