• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick G

Where is everyone headed?

Rick G

With the walleye/northern opener just around the corner where is everyone going? Last year I spent Sat on the river and Sun on the Horseshoe chain. This year I'm not sure where I'm headed yet but am considering Rice or Kronis as well as the two places I spent last year. With the early spring Kronis might be a good bet if the main lake temps are in the high 50s or low 60s while Rice and the Shoe might be better if the temp stays cool. Then there are lakes like Grand, Pearl, Big, Big Fish , the Spunk chain, Little Rock and the Briggs chain just to name a few that also have and put out good numbers of game fish. Like I said I am not sure where I will end up, I just hope it will be somewhere with fish wink

Good luck and please be safe this opener grin

Stick in Mud

Up to Mille Lacs...it's the family tradition. smile

Borch

I'll likely hit Koronis after most of the folks are off the lake and in their cabin having some beverages.

aanderud

Night trolling, Borch? I'm almost certain to be fishing for flathead catfish during walleye opener, as has been the case for the last 5 years since I started the crazy addiction.

bluehat28

Borch crankin at night Naaa. Big or little Birch, maybe Osakis. Come on May 12.

Boxcar Wllie

Cass.

pushbutton

Don't know yet. Like Borch will go out after the craziness subsides. Maybe the river.... overheard Rick G talking about this super secret level 5 security clearance honey hole smile....Don't worry bud...I earn my spots wink

pike79

Kreamer for some northerns.

Horseshoe_Don

will stay home on the chain

Borch

Night trolling, Borch?

Yep! I hit the access to put my boat in when everyone else is pulling their boats.

CaptainMusky

I will probably be on Gull again. Start at 5 and quit at 10. Typical opener for me. Me and the old man have been doing that for close to 10 years now and it has been good to great every year. I am a creature of habit and do not like to change things up too much so I will follow the tradition.

Following opening I am sure to spend a lot of time on Mille Lacs chasing the elusive 16" walleyes. Will be tough to bring home fish from there this year I think. But the quantity of quality fish you catch is better than everywhere else I have gone.

IceHawk

Park Rapids area for me. Good luck to all on opener.

Stick in Mud

Yeah, CptnMusky, I'm curious about how the keepers will be this year. Frankly, I don't mind much...I'll take lots of big fish without complaining. smile

Sure helps that I don't like eating fish....

tjoutdoors

I agree. If I want fish for the pan (because I really like to eat fish) I can get panfish (ironic, isn't it?) in almost any lake. But if I want to get my hands dirty with numbers of 20+ inch walleyes, its tough to beat Mille Lacs!

Coleman

I unfortunately won't be back in MN, or is it fortunately. smile I'm up in Bismarck for work, so I've already hit the water for some eyes. Got lucky enough to limit out, but we threw the largest back...about a 7lber. If I was home I would be fishing the Horseshoe Chain, which is what my brother is doing. Hope it all holds out for you guys have you have some decent weather for a change.

Here's a few pictures as a tease. smile

IMG_0965.jpg

P1000641.jpg

P1000643.jpg

Rick G

Nice fish Coleman, thanks for sharing grin

Brad B

Don't know yet. Like Borch will go out after the craziness subsides. Maybe the river.... overheard Rick G talking about this super secret level 5 security clearance honey hole smile....Don't worry bud...I earn my spots wink

maybe we should talk to rick and see if he has plans yet. I would love to hit that spot with him sometime this summer if he would show me how to get there.

BuckmasterG

Plan is to hit Rice or the HS chain about 1am when my fishin partner gets off work. Its been nice to know a couple Bowfishers who've been spotting some pigs here and there as of late. Hope it all pans out! BOL everyone

Rick G

maybe we should talk to rick and see if he has plans yet. I would love to hit that spot with him sometime this summer if he would show me how to get there.

grin Sometime this summer sounds like a fishing trip in the making wink We can dress in camo so no one sees us grin Not too many people know there are fish in that little pond, much less quality ones.

I like a lot of others will be out on either Kronis or the Chain for the opener. I hear that the river sections of the Chain are real muddy right now from all the rain. If the water settles down a bit I will be on the Chain otherwise Kronis.

pushbutton

I hear that the river sections of the Chain are real muddy right now from all the rain.

Used to live by that not so secret river spot on the chain...... and it often got rather interesting with drunken bumper boats and frequent visits from county sheriff smile Good luck, stay safe, and play nice!

IceHawk

Stained water fast current equals crankbait success on the chain! smile Rick I wouldn't be afraid to give it a shot if I work 2 late to head to park rapids I will be out there thats for sure!

trappingaddiction

grin Sometime this summer sounds like a fishing trip in the making wink We can dress in camo so no one sees us grin Not too many people know there are fish in that little pond, much less quality ones.

I like a lot of others will be out on either Kronis or the Chain for the opener. I hear that the river sections of the Chain are real muddy right now from all the rain. If the water settles down a bit I will be on the Chain otherwise Kronis.

Can I come with too? gringringrin

I am not 100% sure where we are going for opener, but I have a couple that I am strongly leaning towards. smile Whether the eyes or biting good or are a little slower, the weather sounds like it is going to be pretty decent out there this weekend. grin Good luck everyone!

Rick G

Trappingaddiction, If you guy's want to head up this way send me a pm. Can't guarantee limits but fishing should be good grin

trappingaddiction

We are probably going to stay around here this weekend but will definitely be sending you a PM very soon! smile

Mr.Perch

Koronis; every opener we catch more fish right off gramp's dock than out in the boat. this year might not even pull the boat to the lake.