• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New way to listen to NCOR...The weekend fishing outlook...FINAL NCOR OF THE SUMMER

May 7th kicks off the summer run of the North Country fishing show.

85 new and unique programs mostly geared to Lake of the Woods fishing and fishers. Thanks to Rick Paquin and this great website for again linking to North Country Outdoors Radios webpage so the Hot Spot Outdoors

faithful can listen "on demand" to each days program and the last several shows in the archive.

From the very first show to the final broadcast at the end of August I will

do my best to keep things timely and worth a listen.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• curt quesnell

• NAMASafetyDirector

• magnum mike

• LOTW_Outdoorsman

There are some new rules (thus new confusion) as the new season start regarding the fight against invasive species.

2 of the first 5 shows of the season will be dedicated to

letting you know what is being expected from us this season.

Tues and Thurs our Local DNR CO is on to lay it out for us.

Dont miss these shows.

Lots of things to do this week , Jeff Beckwith as done it a million times and shares somethings that will help. Click on the NCOR logo a the top of this page and click on the podcast. Spend some time on the NCOR page and check out what is new.

By now you have heard you wont need those stickers on your boat and trailer (yet). Get the latest info available on todays show. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to the podcast of this mornings North Country Outdoors Radio

Something is monkeyed up on the KTRF site. You can't get to the podcasts.

Good morning Curt w/a C

Don't possess a e-mail account, just basically this site. Seen the ad for the Tees, nice looking garb. Would been willing to sport one for the cause. Hoping tomget up tom the big lake with W-tips in the very near future. Stay safe on the water!

K2

EEEEECk. I contacted the web people, hopefully it will go soon.

Thanks for the heads up.

OK things are working fine now.

Johnnie Candle just rigged his boat and shares some of the tips and things he does to make sure he is ready for what ever happens. Good information as we are all crawling around in boats trying to prepare for the new season.

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast....

Jeremy Woinarowicz is back on the show today to run through what you will need personally and on board opening weekend. Good information to mull through. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast.

A good conversation with Walleye Jon. I beat as many secrets spots and tactics we can use this weekend out of him as I could. Plus other cool stuff. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen in to the podcast.

Good Luck this weekend

I'm walking out the door on the way to the lake and I wanted to thank Curt and NCOR for the support in my new endeavor. I also wish everyone luck throughout the season and hopefully I can help a few of make some memories. Have a great weekend.

It was great on LOW and I think pretty good all over. Jeff Beckwith was pitching jigs into the weeds and scoring...He talks about today on North Country Outdoors radio. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to the podcast...

I went driving around Saturday afternoon to visit clients and everyone was back in by 3pm having filled limits for everyone. Great fishing opener and good luck for me. I interviewed Nick Painovich from Zippel Bay and Paul Johnson from River Bend about what they though the next couple of weeks would be like. Click the NCOR logo at the top of the page to get to the podcast.

The news is all good! Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to Walleye Pro Johnnie Candle talk about spring and summer outlook no matter where you fish.

What ever you are using now, even if it is nothing, you will be interested in what Steve Wood has to say about about the new situation at great Minnesota company LakeMaster. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to todays show!

From one side of the lake to the other the weekend outlook is here. Also, the scientific survey results from this week on the LOW forum are examined. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear the podcast

Cold front roll through and leave you holding your lunch wondering what to do. Jeff Beckwith on todays show with tactics to help you regardless of the weather. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to today's podcast.

A new video we shot on Saturday called "One Hour Limits" will be up on the web page later today.

River Bend Resorts Paul Johnson talked to me while he was netting fish on his charter boat Monday morning. Great information here. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to this show! New video from the weekend too.

RippenLipz was wondering about how cold fronts might effect the fishing this weekend (Hey, I know there were others too)

I know what I will do but I asked Johnnie Candle our touring Walleye Pro what he would do. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear today's Podcast.

Midwest Outdoors TV Host Jon Thelen has a new weekly video series where he fishes a lake on Monday or Tuesday, produces a video and gets it on line by Thursday. This week he spotlights one of his favorites....LAKE OF THE WOODS. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to the podcast of todays show. Good info you can use this weekend

Have a great weekend, I hope the weather holds for us. No matter what happens today's show has information you can use THIS weekend. Drive safe and click on the NCOR Logo at the top of the page to hear this podcast.

Kristine Houtman is back on the show in support of the NCOR contest in June. We are giving away the entire set of 4 Fish On Kids Books to one lucky kid aged 7 to 12. Get the details and get your kids or grandkids entered...click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to today's podcast

It happened again on Monday. At the boat ramp a guy was loading his boat and you could tell he was not happy. He had only a very few fish in the bucket because his anchor could not hold him still in 20 mph wind.

This is a topic that comes up quite a bit. You CAN anchor up in any kind of wind with the proper equipment. Johnnie Candle took time off this morning from pre fishing the MWC Mille Lacs event to talk anchors, boats and anchor rope.

Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen to the podcast. For better trips in the future.

Nick was pretty busy when I called him yesterday but he dropped everything and told me what he knew about fishing this week. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to heard what this legendary resorter/guide has to say.

Good information from Walleye Jon, our in house Westside of the lake expert. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to the Weekend podcast before you fish the Warroad area this weekend!

It's going to be nice! YAY!

Man it was nice to be out in perfect weather with fish snappin like crazy. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear all about it on todays podcast.

Paul Johnson resorter and charter captain from River Bend talks about getting the charter boats on new schools of fish for nicer average size. A great time to do this because the fish are pretty easy to find. Click the NCOR Logo at the top of this page to listen to today's podcast.

To winning the MWC Mille Lac event and the Cabela Natl Team Walleye Championship last weekend. He talks to me about that and then we swing over to talking about June and what that means to every day fishing for all of us. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and listen to the podcast for some great information.