• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lazerbacon

Cast Netting Shad, Mullet, Crabs. Pancakes and Dog Bait!

Lazerbacon

Made a video of everything I have been catching this month with the cast net. Been a good month for bait!

mainbutter

Cast nets are fun! We caught a baby (12-16''?) bill fish of some sort while on Sanibel Island in one when I was like 8 years old.

If I had to feed myself post-apocalypse, a cast net would definitely be an item I would greatly value, such an awesome tool.

davidbigreelz

man I really wish Mn would change the bait law with cast net smirk I had one as a kid in Nc and just loved it for bait. great vid. Now what did you catch with it all

mrklean

cool video

Scott K

I used my first cast net a couple weeks ago, it takes a little bit to figure out what you are doing, but once you get it figured out, it is actually pretty fun. Although, you sure use new muscles, and you figure that out after a couple dozen throws.

amateurfishing

curious, whats the point of that over line fishing? is that not illegal for inland waters? I can understand on beach at ocean for fish fry but is that acceptable for inland waters other than indians?

pushbutton

Great video! Have a dog that loves sushi as well.....

Lazerbacon

curious, whats the point of that over line fishing? is that not illegal for inland waters? I can understand on beach at ocean for fish fry but is that acceptable for inland waters other than indians?

This a creek that runs along my backyard. I net everyday for fun and to see whats in the creek. I put 99% of the bait I catch back in alive. I catch all kinds of stuff like flounder, gar, trout, reds.

I would love to fish it but there is so many blue crabs my bait never lasts more then a few minutes whether it be live bait or dead. Maybe I need to try artificial!

Gordie

Cool vid

thanks for sharing and I really wish we could use those for bait...

Lazerbacon

What is the law in your guys state in regards to nets? The only state laws I have seen so far on the east coast is a catch / net size limitation.

amateurfishing

wow...way too cool to have that in ur backyard, blue crabs n all, u ever keep anything for the plate, just a little here or there?

davidbigreelz

we've got a one liner in the regulation book.

"no thrown nets may be used."

cry

lakeshoremunster

haha the dog is loving it

DTro

on a side note, not many things better than lazer...or bacon

Lazerbacon

on a side note, not many things better than lazer...or bacon

lol, thanks DTro!