• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wabamskee's species list

Wabamskee

Looking for a bass spot yesterday I ran into some of the most intense blue gill spawning colors (but no bass).

52444836.jpg

6f3d0c8f.jpg

#11 Pumpkinseed - Bucktail minnow

2ae0cfbe.jpg

I suck at panfish id. Looked at MN DNR site...pretty sure this is a pumpkinseed from the orange mark around the earflap, blue streaks in the cheek, and lack of black spot on the dorsal.

Call me out if I'm wrong. Here is a better pic of the fish, just to be sure.

f41ac1dd.jpg

I'd say that looks more like a green to me.

Still, I think that's a new species for ya.

Looks like a nice day on the water

From the marks i would say more of a pumpkin seed. I noticed the ones ihave seen have orange or white marks or stipes on the bottom of the fins but schol would be the best bet for fish ID.

looks like a Green X Seed to me. Red/orange gill dot of the pumpkinseed, mouth and body shape of a Green (pumpkinseeds have small mouths and a body shaped like a... pumpkinseed) Hybrid sunfish are pretty much always tough. Often two will not look alike, even with the same parent species.

dang, that bumps me back down to 10. thanks for the spot scholl...guess i have to keep the 3 wt polished up for a bit still

Nice catch man. Well worth the walk it looks like smile

Ha, this looks like the same one I missed the first time...under the bridge. I was only on the down in the south part there for a few minutes...sliding rocks and no beach line made it very hard to fish.

• 3 weeks later...

An epic loss for myself. Yesterday broke the fishfinder ($550), broke the new 9 wt ($180) and dropped the iphone in the lake ($600).

The worst part was, I had species #12 (green sunfish) that I lost in the photo reel.

So sad...I think I might go fishing.

100% my own drunk fault...i was mad at the first 2 mishaps, was laughing by the time i broke my rod.

was fun to finally hang with you (i lost your # btw), and good to see ted again. my biggest regret is that i couldn't touch base with mfh...

(to ryan) sorry -- for reel

you'd think with all that the iphone can do.. it'd be able to swim wink

I remember the day I dropped my brand new phone in the river.. had it for maybe a week or two.. and plunk.. into the root.. there was still ice on the shore lines.. i was able to take a picture with it and nothing else(took a picture of a nice brown my buddy caught that day.. then when i got home. i couldn't find it.. long story short.. found it in a puddle outside my apt that was frozen over.. surprisingly i was still able to use it as a mp3 player after that haha

Bamskee - Sorry you had a rough go of it Sunday. That wasn't exactly how I had envisioned the day going, that's for sure. It was fun fishing with you though. You've got an open invitation to fish with me anytime.

Wow, broken sonar, phone and rod in one day. That's pretty bad.

I jackknifed a trailer into the box of my truck and dropped my Garmin in a lake this winter all in the same trip, but I think you've got me beat.

Scholl...that sucks!!!! I have 3 rods. If I broke 3 in a month, you probably wouldn't hear from me again.

#12 Smallmouth Bass - Green flashabou bugger (image available on 'What you been tying lately' thread)

a71a0b19.jpg

Super pale crappie. I thought it was a white until further research...don't want to get called out by the spine counters :P

8f074d90.jpg

Wow. I managed to survive phish, the cabin, the heat, the wooks, the excessively intoxicated spin dancers (and the nice bikini girls with the hoola hoops. To you, I raise my glass). The two bears I saw (only one was encountered on foot though)...

Hey, look on the bright side right? at least you got that smallie smile

• 2 weeks later...

Brought in a channel cat today, plus Slab and I both hooked a big ol' snapper.

Sorry, no pics today guys.

Bummer that you got a cat without a picture. That's a species I've tried for a few times with no luck. What did you catch it on, if you you don't mind me asking?

Caught the channel cat on a white leech pattern at about 9am during a slight rainfall. Fun fight...wasn't too bummed about not getting a pic because I'm sure there are plenty more to come in OKC. (Would put me 1 species ahead of Slab's count though :P)

Honestly I was more bummed about losing that greenie pic from the iPhone that day.

Lucky 13 Bowfin - Articulated Sculpin - first crack at this fly, caught a dogfish 3 hrs later smile12bef36d.jpg

01404758.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope no one forgot about me! I've completed my move to OKC and 2 weeks later have internet again. I feel like I'm once again part of the 1990s. So far (for reasons I don't feel like mentioning in a public forum) I haven't yet made it to any lakes and have been restricted to the private fishing pond safely secured within the gates of my community here in OKC. Although this is advertised as a 'stocked private fishing pond', I am starting to realize that the only life it really has to offer are alligator snapping turtles, and green sunfish.

#14 Green Sunfish - down here, these bite anything that's in the water (even caught one on a meat whistle)

79F2CD08-2CB0-4664-8E28-01BB87D621E0-177

40845C52-122E-4DEC-80EA-6C9B921D23A3-177