• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
herefish101

Spinning reel under $40.

herefish101

I am getting married and would like to buy my groomsmen and ushers a fishing reel, my broblem is I need to buy eight reels and my budget for the grooms gifts is three hundred bucks, it works out to be $37.50 a piece.

The best deal I found yet was on some Shimano sienna's on that big auction site, I got three of them for seventy five bucks with shipping included, my problem....... I need five more, I'm really trying to come in under budget.

Or if anyone knows of any other "good" "cheap" reels i'm open to options. I need to buy these in the next two weeks so I have enough time to get them lasered.

If anyone spots a deal, or already knows of one, or even if there is some where where you might get a bulk discount, It would really help as i'v scoured the web for two days now and i'v only come up with three reels. Thanks for any info or help.

sptitz

Looks like you can get Shimano Sienna's @ Cabelas for 29.99

Brad B

like was already posted the shimano sienna's are nice but so are the Shimano IX, FX, & AX series of reels.

IX's are $9.99

FX's are $14.99

AX's are $19.99

sienna's $29.99

(priced at fleet farm)

FisH_SLaYer24

I did some research to try and help you out a little bit:

Shimano Sienna Spinning Reel: $29.99

Okuma Safina Pro Spinning Reel: $27.99

Okuma Avenger A Series Spinning Reel: Reg. $39.99, Sale. $19.99

Abu Garcia Cardinal 300i Series Spinning Reel: $39.99

Quantum Triax Spinning Reel: $34.99

Shimano Solstace FL Spinning Reel: $39.99

All reels and prices were found @ the Big C. Good luck with finding the reel that catches your eye and congratulations on the marriage as well laugh

P.S. Your groomsmen are a bunch of lucky fella's !

DTro

I think the Gander Guide Series reels are a great value. Might want to look at those too.

herefish101

Jackpot! Thanks fish slayer24, the Okuma Avenger at the big C is perfect, I thought I checked everywhere but I must have skipped the big C when I searched around for a good price on the Avengers.

I knew reaching out to my fellow fisherman would pay off.

Thanks to all that posted.

Mistermojo

May also want to check the Shakespeare Contender 30. Was Outdoor Life's great bargain award winner this year in their spinning reel test. Easy to find under $30.

goose89

Cool idea! But, I'd bet they might get more out of a 35-40 head lamp that a reel. Just my opinion, but a $40 reel, although decent, isn't gonna be as functional in 3-4 years as a decent head lamp. Not trying to sway you away from the reels......but if it were me, I'd rather get a $40 head lamp (come to think of it I could use another one) than a $40 reel. Good luck either way.

herefish101

Great idea Goose, but it's to late, I already bought the reels. Plus, I'm having my work laser engrave the spools with a personal message on each one, that could be tough to find the area to do that on a headlamp.

Great idea though.

8-Ball

Shakespeare? Their fishing equipment is garbage, IMO. Right up there w/ Southbend, which also makes dump gear. I totally avoid anything w/either of those names on it. Just my experience...

Hillbiehle

I thougth I saw a commerical that Mills Fleet had Pleuger President for $40.

Mistermojo

8-Ball - I don't own one so I can't vouch, but here is the review if you want to check it out: [Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Also, the company that owns Shakespeare owns industry notables such as Abu Garcia, Fenwick, Penn, Mitchell, and Pflueger in addition to a few others. As they used to say on SNL - "It's got Sony guts!"

NCLaker
I thougth I saw a commerical that Mills Fleet had Pleuger President for $40.
There ad last week had it listed for that price. I assume that sale ended this past Sunday. Great deal and a nice reel that normally goes for $60.

Purpledescent

Abu Garcia. Best reels they build.