• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

fishinfey8

Wondering if anyone has an idea what the water temps on island, fish, or boulder are?? What is your best guess for opener?

jwmiller33

48-50 degrees on the main lake today and 51-54 in the back bays.

jwmiller33

the temps I posted above were for Island Lake on Saturday. I hit Fish Lake today and pretty much had the same temps; about 49-50 on the main lake and 50-53 in the back bays

ThndrDkl

Same for me on Saturday on fish lake. Miller, were you getting crappies out on fish?

jwmiller33

No crappies on Fish Lake for me but did manage a few dandy gills. I covered some serious ground too, fished in every corner of the lake and tried several new areas that looked very promising. Sunday was a great day to be on the water; got my first sunburn of the year. Overall, pretty slow on both lakes for the weekend. I'm hoping the rain we [are supposed to] get this week, along with the warmer temps will bump the water temps up a few degrees. I will be hitting Island Lake hard the rest of this week and this weekend. Hopefully will be able to stumble into some slabs sooner or later.

Northlander

mid 50's and it should be game on. On Fish Lake find weeds and wood on the west side and you will find crappies. You would be surprised how shallow they are too.

jwmiller33

Steve, I was all over the west side on Sunday, fishing mainly 2-5 ft the entire day but I also tried some deeper transitions near the entrances to the shallower areas with no luck. Most of my day was spent on the west side and I fished some great looking spots and could only find a few gills. I found several spots with flooded timber and weeds that looked PRIME but there were just no fish around. Threw everything in my tacklebox at them too. I'm thinking water temps are a tad bit cold yet. It would be nice if they put the docks in at both Island and Fish lake soon, makes things much easier with a big glass boat

fishinfey8

Cool, thanks for the update! I would think they are close to their spawning grounds but not on them yet. Wish I was up there to enjoy the empty lakes during this time of year. Always loved trying for a few crappies, and scouting for opener...thanks again.

Big Country

Fished Grand for a short trip last night with the kids. 52 was the temp in most areas. Looked for some crappies/sunnies. Nada. Did not pound the water as it was just a spur of the moment thing and we only had an hour's time. Nice to be on the lake. The male northerns would not leave us alone. They will be pickling material soon! BC

ZKnuckey

took the boat on fish today for some last minute chores before opener... had 53-54 degrees on the main lake. 57-59 in the bays.... should be in for a good bite on opener. Gonne go fight the crowds on mille lacs for opener, pre fish for the mtt tourney the next weekend. Happy Hookin!!

jwmiller33

took the boat on fish today for some last minute chores before opener... had 53-54 degrees on the main lake. 57-59 in the bays.... should be in for a good bite on opener. Gonne go fight the crowds on mille lacs for opener, pre fish for the mtt tourney the next weekend. Happy Hookin!!

I was out on Fish Lake last night for a few hrs and marked pretty much the same temps out there. I was surprised how much the temps came up in the matter of three days. I marked as high as 60 degrees in one bay. Still no crappies up shallow yet but tons and tons of suckers swimming around in the shallows!