• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Argon Tank Fill

fishing tech

Question

Anyone know where I can get my argon tank filled for my wire feed welder near Cottage Grove or West st Paul?

7 answers to this question

whos tank is it? will tell you where you can get it filled unless it is a B size tank then just about any place that sell gas will have those.

If Its Minneapolis Oxygen there is a store/shop on second street north of broadway about 8-9 blocks

Not sure who's tank it is. I have always had it filled at Capitol city welding off of Wabesha and Water street in St Paul. They have since closed.

If you can't find a place close to the locations you stated, Toll welding supply has a shop in bloomington east of lyndale on 86th st. I know they exchange tanks, not sure if they refill the same one you bring in.

Not sure who's tank it is. I have always had it filled at Capitol city welding off of Wabesha and Water street in St Paul. They have since closed.

Should be a sticker or stamped into the neck of the tank.

Also there is a date code on the tank and it may have to be recertified before it gets filled if that happens it's usually a charge/fee when you exchange them.

Look like Toll Welding bought out Capital City Welding so your best bet is to find the nearest Toll Welding dealership/store and you should be good to go.

We have a couple tanks in the race shop and I made the mistake of buying one of them. When the company that I normally had fill the tank left town, then I had to find another and they wanted to see my purchase papers and it was a pain to get it all lined up to be filled by a new vendor.

I hope the one we use now never leaves town until we are done racing.