• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Borch

Big Stone Reports

Borch

With the opener this Saturday and no chatter to this point thought I'd get it started. Anyone heading out? What's the water levels and temps like right now?

I plan on heading there the following weekend but would sure like to hear how it is going for those hitting this coming weekend.

Tullies

This coming weekend will be busy with the opener. Also, I think they are having their annual walleye tournament next weekend so that's going to be busy as well. I was there couple weeks ago and boy the water level is really low. I hope with all of these rains we got helps. I'm planning to go out fishing the border stretch from big stone to traverse lake but not 100% yet. I will report back if I go. If not this week, I think either next week or the following week. Good luck if you go and let us know how you did.

Eric Wettschreck

Jeff, the weekend following the opener is the annual "Border Water Challenge"

100 boats.

It's kind of a mess if you're trying to fish and not party of the tourney.

Just giving you a heads up.

workin4bait

100 boats on Big Stone would not be a mess unless they were in the same area of the lake. Big Stone is like 27 miles long,use a different landing and you would hardly know there was a tournament[except at take off time].

My two cents.

Borch

We've been up there during the tourney before. Most of the time the guys are pretty good and respect your bite your working.

Fish'n guy

125 boats, shoot out from the foot of the lake. Usually isn't too much of a mess in the tournament but there will be lots of boats to contend with on the lake.

Borch

It's been a while but I've hit Big Stome on the MN general opener and there were less than a dozen boats on the entire lake.

Anyone fishing last weekend and have a report?

Umma Gumma

Very slow to say the least. Started out on the southern islands Saturday morning before getting blown off the lake. Went back out Sunday mid-day near Windmill, Hartford and Shady beach areas. Between four guys throwing jigs w/minnows, twister tails, trolling cranks, fishing bobbers, we only had one bite! No fish to speak of. Saw a few boats in the same areas and didn't see any fish caught at all. Had fun regardless, but it was not a weekend to remember.

Borch

That's a tough weekend! Well at least it sounds like I didn't miss the bite. wink

beer batter

wasn't fishing in the tournament, but went there Friday afternoon with the plan of fishing Friday and Saturday. Plans changed on Friday, it was brutal wind. Saturday morning decided to wait it out until after noon, then went out after the winds subsided. 2 bites, no fish. Cold front shut things down for us.

balsa

Fished the Mtt the past weekend the bite on Big Stone is on. We caught fish trolling and pitching. It has been a long time since I have seen a bite like that on Big Stone. Over 2/3 of the teams brought in their limits.

CHM

Is anything going on at Bigstone at all? Looks like I have Saturday free.

ortonville

Yes check out the walleye club web site

Scott M

Should be good in a few weeks...

live-2-fish

17 days till opener. I just got my auger tuned up, should be ready for opener.

Bambito

Does anyone know if they are considering backing up the BWC on Big Stone this year? It is really looking like the ice wont be off the lake in time to hold the tournament on the 27th? If they do will they refund your money if you cant fish it the date that they have moved it to?

Borch

Last spring the BWC sure was a tough bite. Wish the wife and I would have entered as we would have been int he money. wink

It looks iffy at the moment but it can change in a hurry this time of year.

basssmasher*

cAN A GUY STILL GET TO DECENT ICE BY WALKING OUT FROM SHORE ANYWHERE OR ARE THE SHORELINES SHOT?

ortonville

good ice can still drive out

basssmasher*

I'd drive out but after seeing 4wds struggle last weekend I think I'll walk seeing I dont have a 4wd! smile

MN Shutterbug

Your Saturn isn't 4 wheel Teejay? No wonder you get such good gas mileage. whistle Same with my Saturn.

basssmasher*

nope. Manual 5 speed smile wouldnt trade it 4 the world,..... cept when I want 4WD to drive on lakes.. lol

Bambito

how much ice is out on big stone yet? Is there a chance at all that we will beable to fish the opener in a boat?

live-2-fish

Things are going to have to change fast. My bet is no for the 20th

ortonville

There is 30 inches of ice.the 15 day forecast doesn't look good for melting ice.the shore lines aren't pulled away yet my guess will be no open water until after may 1st