• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jim Uran

How's fishin?

Jim Uran

I haven't really been out, have been dealing with stuff over the last few weeks and finally getting back to normal.

I went out one time 2 weeks ago with my brother. We just tossed around jigs and plastics for crappies and sunnies on a small lake. Didn't catch any crappies but we caught some sunfish. I also caught some decent pike and my first walleye of the season smile

Hope everyone is having a good spring.

Scoot

Jim,

Dang good to see you posting again! I hope you're doing well and I look forward to your posts and fishing reports!

Take care!!!

Jim Uran

Thanks Scoot! You may have to give me a muskie fishing lesson this summer sone time wink

pushbutton

Nice to see you back also....as for muskies.......just put on something big and cast, and cast, and cast, and cast, and cast, and cast, and cast, and cast, and cast.......well you get the picture smile

Rick G

Great to see Jim back in action, looking forward to seeing some new vid's and pic's of all those big ol pannies grin

Jim Uran

Aww man I know right? Should have something up by the weekend, have a couple trips planned out with my brother when we have a break in the weather this week smile

Scoot

Thanks Scoot! You may have to give me a muskie fishing lesson this summer sone time wink

Give me a date and a time and consider it done!!!

James:

We caught some crappies out of the boat earlier on 3 different lakes when we had some consistently warm weather but with this recent cold snap it has been slow, can't even find them in the deeper water where we had been getting them. Peter is coming up from Florida soon so "get ready"!!

Jim Uran

Yeah those pannies are wimps when it comes to cold snaps.... Oh, and I'm ready buddy smile

Scoot, looking forward to it!!

Bass Whacker

The gills bit good all weekend using a fly under a float, basically the same rig red fish fisherman use. My rig consists of few split shot above the fly then a bobber. I was working it around old reeds. Most fish wanted the fly moving so a good hard pop to make the fly lift and make the bobber smash into the split shot and the gills would race up and hammer the fly while it was settling back down. The rig works great on crappies also when they push up shallow.

Tyler Voss

Tried to find some crappies Saturday, but no luck. Water temp was anywhere from 48-52 degrees. Did catch several gills, bass, and pike though. Slip Bobbering with plain hook and crappie minnow worked best. Also had decent luck pitching jigs and plastics. Hoping for some warmer weather so the slabs move in.

Jim Uran

Just move out deeper from where you think they are moving in to!

Heck, I've caught crappies this time of year in 25 FOW....

Heck I am thinking about going out to my 28' winter hole, putting on a frosty with a waxie, and using the Vex!

This kind of crazy weather must really mess up the spawn, i don't think they know if they are coming or going do they? We had April in March now getting March in April eekeekeek

Jim Uran

Once you see those temps pushing 60 degrees they will be stacked up like cord wood in their spawning haunts!

Went out this evening with JB to a very small lake neither of us had ever fished, drove up to N end of the lake in a small weedy bay and got some nice crappies and big gills. Fished a 6-8' drop off area. Crappies only hit on jig tipped with 2.50" white Gulp, none on minnows but the bigger Gills sure were hitting the small jigs with a minnow.

Cicada

Lesson number one, when you go fishing make sure you have gas in the boat so you can hit more than one spot. Tired BigC yesterday. Lots of little northerns, but no panfish.

Jim Uran

Hearing some good reports from around my area... Wish I had more time to get out and fish but I just haven't had the time. I'll take the kids out this weekend and hopefully get them something to put up a fight. Try a couple shoreline spots in the evening and see how it pans out.