• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoyt4

stick N string

Hoyt4

How'd the NE hunt go?

sticknstring

Check out the team 7 page!

How'd yours go? smile

Hoyt4

We ended up with 7 birds. I took home two and my dad tagged two. We just missed the wind you guys had. Most mornings were in the highs of 26 even had one morning 21 degrees. I will post pictures once I get them from the group. My new camera was not here yet. We did take one tank 25lb his first bird with a bow for many years of trying.

sticknstring

Congrats - you guys did well! Looking forward to the pics. It's all about timing. A guy I know ran down Friday night to the same property I took my bird from and was driving home Sat morning at 8:30am with 2 birds! He used the shotgun, but still! It was a perfectly calm morning and that usually if the difference maker.

Powerstroke

A buddy and I were down there at the same time as S&S. We rain into tons of birds. My buddy got a jake. I hit one jake but never found it and had my pick of th eflock and missed. A great trip but the wind was brutal friday and sat.

Way to go Hoyt. Sounds liek a great hunt.

Hoyt4

I'm still waiting on the pics. Powerstroke. You still did well if you got some chances with that wind. These birds can be very tough to take with a bow. I know I will be happy to have the shotgun in my hands come Monday for my MN season.

Congrats to your buddy S/S bow or gun it's always a blast. I could of tagged out the first day but had a buddy coming down on Monday so I went from hunting to guiding trying to help him get his first bird with a bow. Monday through Wednesday my bow stayed on the sling until he left camp. Thursday I punched my last tag. My buddy did get a shot but did not connect.

sticknstring

I hear ya, I had one first-timer and two 2nd-timers with me. I like guiding as much or more than being the shooter, but it's nice to squeeze the release once in awhile!