• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

stick N string

Hoyt4

We ended up with 7 birds. I took home two and my dad tagged two. We just missed the wind you guys had. Most mornings were in the highs of 26 even had one morning 21 degrees. I will post pictures once I get them from the group. My new camera was not here yet. We did take one tank 25lb his first bird with a bow for many years of trying.

Congrats - you guys did well! Looking forward to the pics. It's all about timing. A guy I know ran down Friday night to the same property I took my bird from and was driving home Sat morning at 8:30am with 2 birds! He used the shotgun, but still! It was a perfectly calm morning and that usually if the difference maker.

A buddy and I were down there at the same time as S&S. We rain into tons of birds. My buddy got a jake. I hit one jake but never found it and had my pick of th eflock and missed. A great trip but the wind was brutal friday and sat.

Way to go Hoyt. Sounds liek a great hunt.

I'm still waiting on the pics. Powerstroke. You still did well if you got some chances with that wind. These birds can be very tough to take with a bow. I know I will be happy to have the shotgun in my hands come Monday for my MN season.

Congrats to your buddy S/S bow or gun it's always a blast. I could of tagged out the first day but had a buddy coming down on Monday so I went from hunting to guiding trying to help him get his first bird with a bow. Monday through Wednesday my bow stayed on the sling until he left camp. Thursday I punched my last tag. My buddy did get a shot but did not connect.

I hear ya, I had one first-timer and two 2nd-timers with me. I like guiding as much or more than being the shooter, but it's nice to squeeze the release once in awhile!