• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reels by California Tackle?

Scoot

Question

Anyone used the reels by California Tackle? I used one called the M-7 this past weekend and was very impressed. It was the perfect size, had an excellent drag (seven ball bearings and a front drag), all metal guts, very smooth and an easy to return bail, and seemed to fit my hand great. I was quite impressed with it. It's a relatively inexpensive reel too (so I'm told- I didn't buy it, I tried it out for my Dad and don't know how much it cost.)
Anyone else try one of these little gems?
Scoot

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 03-05-2003).]

3 answers to this question

I picked one up at a swap meet a couple of weeks ago.It was on a custom rod I bought.I didn't really need the reel but it was there.
I didn't put it on one of my hard water poles so I haven't used it yet.The guy made it sound like it was some kind of promo product.It will get hard use as soon as the river runs.It came with a box and he said I could send it back for replacement if it broke.

scoot,
I have used a couple of their models. I have been very impressed. The M-7 goes for $29.99, can't beat the price. I am now getting ready to try their baitcaster. I found them on the web at www.midwestrodandreel.com