• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team 3...Gobblers Galore!

Scott M

Bluehat here, I will be hunting Minnesota B 507. I have a couple of spots picked out.Also Wisconsin's last season if Minnesota does not work out.So count me in!!! Is it April 23rd yet?

123fish checking in. Lost our 8,000 acres of private land honeyhole in Nebraska to a land sale so that hunt is in jeopardy but might make it there someplace else. Hunt the second season in Minn. in the southwest corner and that is never easy. Opening up the turkey zones is going to help a little bit though. Going to check out some areas on Saturday that used to be outside the boundaries. We'll see what happens.

I am ready, lets get this hunting started. Hope to hunt a couple of states this year so mabye I can get a big one!

Nigthcrawler -- HERE. S.D. leaving the 11th April ,couple days camping in the hills scouting before opener. Minn "B" season.

Looks like everybody's checked in. I might get a wild hair and run out to the Black Hills, but it's about a 1 in 3 chance.

Just got done weighing a tom for my cousin that he shot on the Rez in Nebraska. Weighed 21# 5 oz. and was a two year old. Boy you could tell they had a mild winter as that bird was in terrific shape. He said the birds were going nuts at flydown and had seven gobblers strutting for two hens.Shot his bird on an ambush.I'm really starting to miss our honeyhole out there already.I like Gobblers Galore, good name Joey.

Joey said thanks for using his name and he will do his best not to disapoint you seasoned hunters. He is really pumped up for this

Here I sit in Wisconsin watching a flock of nine birds, most of the day right out the window. 4 toms with 1 boss tom trying to keep the others away. He chased 1 of the smaller birds with in 50ft from the house and it was still a nice one. I dont hunt here till the last season so I hope some still are left. I still like my Minnesota b season better. Go Gobblers Galore!

A lot of smack talk out there, them other 7 teams just don't relize

team 3 has a Joey on our team. Joey tell the old man you don't want to

hunt the game farms. You want to hunt a wild turkey. grin

Good hunting team 3. leaving 4:00 thursday morning S.D.

Just for that nightcrawler dad said No game farms but He knows how to call in those funny looking white turkeys grin He said he has butterball on speed dail for you if you need it wink

Good luck Nightcrawler

• 2 weeks later...

We are here Mr Nightcrawler!I just got back from "scouting" my spot for B season. There are a couple of roads that dissect the 200 acre farm I will hunt so I have been getting up early and watching, listening and seeing lots of birds. I found out the guy who had A season got his bird Wednesday he had 1200 acres to hunt and never came to my farm. Wa-hoo.I set up three blinds were I have been seeing birds on the top with hardwoods on 2 sides (gently bumped a nice one) as I set up.the other 2 binds are set up on the lower side (The farm is on a hill)The 2nd blind is on a fence line near a cross over between 2 cut alafa fields. The 3rd is on a island I did not know it was a island and have wet feet to show for it. I have watched a large Tom for the last 3 days keeping it his own. Joey Hope you getter done as well. Go Gobblers Galore......bluehat

This forum is rocking now that the season in Minnesota has started.

123fish - MN B season, SW Minnesota

Joey -Where ya going and when?

da_chise31 - MN D season

bluehat28 - MN B season

mnhunter2 - Where ya going and when?

Nightcrawler - No luck in SoDak, you trying in Minnesota?

We are on the board! Not a show stopper but a nice bird 23lbs, 10"beard 3/4x5/8 spurs. post pics later Lots a work to do.go g.g.

Good job bluehat. We are on the board. My son-in-law shot a real nice one this morning. 24 lbs. 6 oz. 9" beard and 3/4" spurs. This is only his second year of turkey hunting so he gets first crack. I screwed up Monday and under estimated a bird for him that I thought was 40 or more yards but was only 33 yards. He doesn't have a turkey choke( he will next year) so I had him hold fire thinking the bird was going to turn our way but didn't. If he would have shot that one the one today would have been my turn. Oh well I at least get to keep hunting. Good luck to everyone. I'll try to post a pic of the son-in-laws bird.

Well My turkey season is over for Spring 2012. I cant seam to shoot the big one, but this year was great fun.My morning stated At 4am for the 2nd day in a row. More on that later. I got to "my farm" at 5:30 drove down the roads that intersect it stopping to blow a locator call at all the good spots,no answer. I went to the blind I had put 1 to bed the night before.(with binocs)A great clear but foggy morning was really nice.. no gobbling to be heard.1 hour after sunrise a hen took the route I thought Mr Tom would.full-367-19809-dscf0991.jpg

I spent the rest of the morning counting the hens, after 13 hens had shown up I decided to make a move. I could see my other blind from were I was and had not seen any toms by it so up to the top, were I had a 3rd blind set up.This farm has low land that is open and high land that has wooded areas on two sides.It was now 2 pm and I was thinking of a nap I walked up the last hill and climbed in.I gave a call on my slate and was suprised to here a small dog bark, a second later A real gobble from a long way away.After my 2nd call that stupid dog barked again and the distant gobbler answered and was closer.I waited about 1 minunt I called again and now that dog was right on the fence line about 50 yards away and it looked alot like a beard dragging tom? He had a hen with him, she was in front and would not cross the fence line.A little purr and he went crazy. He pushed his way under the fence And strutted.I new before he got within shooting range I would lose sight of him, I had put a stick on the ground at thirty yards,When he stepped on it He was mine.When I cleaned him I found out why he barked like a dog he had been shot last fall or spring and had copper plated BBs just under his skin. I dont shoot copper plated so... bluehat.full-367-19812-dscf0999.jpg

This forum is rocking now that the season in Minnesota has started.

Joey -Where ya going and when?

da_chise31 - MN D season

bluehat28 - MN B season

Nightcrawler - No luck in SoDak, you trying in Minnesota?

Joey is going to hunt this coming weekend season C and I believe it is zone 510 I will have to look again

bluehat I had a similar bird 2 years ago he had 15 or 20 copper plated 6's in his hinder,that's probably why he was blind,decoy and call shy. I know it wasn't mine because I ran a arrow thru him at 43 yards,that was the closest he would get after circling the blind all day.

. Bird down//// Monday day 1,, Foggy, 1 hen and 4 jakes in the face and 4-5 toms gobbling it the ocean of fog, played no-see-ams. Put one tom to bed across river in the evening.

Day 2. Across the river the gobbler started up where I left him the night before.

About fly down time I started beating on the blind like a dozen birds birds flying down and started burning up the box call. He went nuts , he strutted up and down the other riverbank and after a half hour flew across the river ( Mississippi ). The box call was smoking. Well he came in to about 90 yds. then cut back in the brush. Reason ME, NO two more toms that own this side of the river showed up and chased him off. Watched a total of 9 toms chase each other across 80 acres for over an hour , and stop every so often stop and beat up the 4 jakes.. Had the box call smoking all the time. Man ,all the gobbling and even the neighobers Dog barking all the time. Finaly at 8:10 they had it sorted out who goes where. The box call was getting well broke in and was sounding nice and raspy and 2 of the toms decided this noisy hen was theirs. At 37 yds (BOOM) the bigger of the two was MINE...

Way to go Nightcrawler. That sounds like big time fun. Dang that must be nice to live in an area where you have that much bird action. Here in the far southwest corner hunting turkeys is like hunting trophy bucks. Almost every place that I know that has a bird is thirty five miles away and more than likely there is only one bird there. No room for errors like Monday where I misjudged that bird that was close enough to shoot but didn't. I am envious of you guys for sure. Good luck Joey on your upcoming hunt.

Joey - MN C season, 508/NE most zone

da_chise31 - MN D season, SE MN

bluehat28 - TAGGED OUT

Nightcrawler - TAGGED OUT

I hunt a week from today. I'm pretty jacked, 5 days off, calls have been in my truck all week, and I'm packing the rest of the gear this weekend.

Remember guys to have fun, if you tag out or not doesn't matter since we all have unequal levels of opportunity. In the end this "contest" is all about having fun!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I hunt a week from today. I'm pretty jacked, 5 days off, calls have been in my truck all week, and I'm packing the rest of the gear this weekend.

Remember guys to have fun, if you tag out or not doesn't matter since we all have unequal levels of opportunity. In the end this "contest" is all about having fun!

That's what it's all about. I'm hoping to be in the blind with my brother and 8 year old nephew when he gets a chance a week from today. It's all about the memories and the funny stuff these birds make us do.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

My bad dachise Joeys hunting 508C and yes all about fun these boys cant wait to here thwe gobbles at first light