• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TEAM 8 - "TURKEYSNIPERS"

featherslayer

I was successful in the lottery so therefor i'm ineligible for an archery only tag. So I will more than likely buy an surplus E tag.

Sorry, if you're hunting Minnesota, you are only able to buy one tag, the surplus tags are for those who didn't draw or didn't apply.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archerysniper

• Cheetah

• featherslayer

• mws4dux

I never bought my B season tag therefore i can purchase an over the counter tag just not an archery only tag. I will be heading out in the morning for a couple of hours before work.Same on wed then I'm off thur and fri.

HI. Dalton here. I went down to the last day(friday) and pored, blew, and was cold every day. Just wasnt in the cards. I ended up having to shoot a Jake. I am only 12 so I have alot of great Turkey hunting time left my Grandpa Jeff say's.. I have pictures on his phone and camera but dont know how to put them on hear.. Soory I couldnt help out!!

A Jake is a great bird this year any bird is a trophy the way this spring has been. My friends call me Jake slayer for a reason blush

Any bird will help the team out so if you have the required pics get it submitted. If you can e-mail the to me I can post them for you also. [email protected]

All right I have a little delay in the work schedule so I can hunt in the morning the camo's layed out blind is set and the bow is in the truck. Good luck for everyone else heading out in the morning.

I'll be out in the morning also, been watching a nice tom strutting every morning now. 2 days ago he had 3 hens with him, today he only had one but is still coming to the field the same direction and he also has his strut zone that he likes to be in. hopfully in 7 hours i'll have him on the ground, also the field i have all the birds at were very vocal this morning so things are looking up. GOOD LUCK to my team members and anybody else heading out.

I have a strutter whither 2 hens at about 200 yards and the ladies are feeding this way,also have 2 gobbling behind me.

Thanks for the pat on the back Archery.. I hope you bust one! I need help posting my pictures of my jake. How do I do it? Off to school I go.. See you guys..

Well as much as I hate to admit it I missed, I shot him for 30 yards and skimmed some belly feathers. However I have 2 that are gobbling closet now.

I have a strutter whither 2 hens at about 200 yards and the ladies are feeding this way,also have 2 gobbling behind me.

Jeremy, listen to me. Put down the phone and grab your bow. As much as we appreciate the updates, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING? Get ready man! laugh Oh, BTW, good luck!

It is a well known fact that turkeys always appear when you are the least ready. So by typing on the phone, he is tricking the turkeys into THINKING he is not ready.

Same strategy works for fishing too.

Good luck, I had a tom and two hens around 80 yds wouldnt come any closer

Then saw two Jakes. At work now wish I was still out.

Well I have a strutter Hung up at 60 right now and a another strutter with 3 hens about 100 yards Anne another one comeimg in from the north

Wait till those hens leave and those toms will be all over you.

patience, grasshopper grin

sounds like you are in a great position with all them toms around

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well as much as I hate to admit it I missed, I shot him for 30 yards and skimmed some belly feathers. However I have 2 that are gobbling closet now.

Don't feel bad. I missed one too on Thursday morning at 8 yards with my shotgun. Too close.

Took me the rest of my season to get another chance and took him at 32 yards. Hopefully you score one of those other birds coming your way.

Well I had 3 more Toms come in 2 of them hung out with 3 hens between 100 and 70 yards I was able to get the one that was gobbling to the north to come into 30 yards but he hung out on a wheeler trail with tons of thick grass between me and him. I watched him strut and listened to him spitting and drumming for 20 minutes till the neighbor came out on his wheeler and they all left. I had to bail to meet the plumbing inspector as St.Thomas then I'm going to move my blind about 60 yards to where they where strutting and the hens fed most of the morning and sit till dark.

Sounds like a great first morning to me. I'm sure you'll be on 'em tomorrow, good luck!

AS: Reflection off the I-phone hang 'em up? wink

The Toms were really talking this morning - both on and off the roost. Had a pair cross a field, then a gravel road, then the field by our little spot in the woods this morning. Because of a crest in the field, we could not see them - only hear them. and hear them we did. A pair gobbling together at our calls, crows, geese - on a string - well so we thought.

The little hen down on the corner of the field thought she was the new cornerback for the Vikes and made a pair of interceptions. tired

Well Im not able to move the blind as I was driving in a tom was strutting with a hen so I was going to move the blind then pit a sneek on him however their was a strutter about 300 yards from the blind so I snuck in and started calling when one just gobbled to the north of me hope he makes a mistake and gets a bit closer in the open this time.

I had a break in the action and was able to move the blind 60 yards to the west.I listened as the bird to the north got farther and farther away. As soon as I popped the blind up and got the stakes in he surprised me with a gobble about 150 yards out. I can hear as he gets closer and farther that he is strutting north and south on a old road bed on the neighbors property.It's kind of neat the thunder is moving in and he gobbles every time it makes a distant roar. We I got to check raindar and see how bad this storm is going to be. Atleast I got moved for tomorrow morning if nothing happen tonight or the storm gets to bad.

Well no bird tonight,I guess I will sit down and eat my feather samich. I was surprised at how vocal the birds were today I was hearing gobbles up til 6:45 when the small storm move thru. Well I got the blind set in the hotspot from this morning so that means tomorrow the will be where I was setup today.

Did anyone like the updates from the blind? If so I will continue tomorrow.

Thanks for the pat on the back Archery.. I hope you bust one! I need help posting my pictures of my jake. How do I do it? Off to school I go.. See you guys..

For posting pictures they need to be on your computer. Above the box where you type their is a icon that looks like a sunrise with a blue arrow pointing up it's the 5th one from the left. Click on that then click the brows box once you find the picture you want double click it and it will transfer to the white image upload box then click add file. You can have up to 10 pictures in one post once you have all your pic's in click done adding files and it will move them to back here then click submit.

Had two Toms come into decoy at 15yds,I was able to draw my bow one came out of strut amd was walking away.I put my pin on the center of his back and as I release he turns to the right. My arrow shaved some back feathers and sticks in his wing were it connects to the body he runs off with arrow still stuck in him. No blood , three of us look for an hour and half. I feel s#%t ! We watched the shot in slow motion on video so close.

well team i could of shot a bird but i took the wife out and she got this onefull-31865-20462-2012fishing024.jpg

Then a friend of mine who never went turkey hunting got this onefull-31865-20463-100_1690.jpg

I was out this morning and had a tom in the woods 70 yards away and he would not commit, i guess with all the shooting the first 2 days in that area did something, was out tonite but didnt see or hear a bird. i have one more morning to get it done hopfully the rain holds off for at least an hour in the morning. I might of let you guys down but if i would of shot a 50# bird with a 2ft beard it wouldnt mean as much as being with the 2 hunters each day, calling the birds in and seeing how excited each one was. The wife said in the blind after hugs and a kiss you know that was just like on tv, for me its not the kill its the satisfaction that you can take out somebody hunting and it all works out as for me it sure makes me feel good and if i dont shoot a bird a had an excellent season that will never be forgot.

Featherslayer, That was Awesome. Now you better get on the board so you don't let your team down like I did. Good Luck former Tomboy winner. DrJ....

I Shot a nice tom today at 6:40 roughly 11" beard and 1 1/2" spur the other one is broke off but is still close to an inch.Lots of action today.I'll post pics later.