• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA Tourney Time!

solbes

I would love to see the gophers send the UND canadians home on Sunday and let them start thier golf season.

The UND canadians! I like it! Maybe the sioux should change their team name to the Canadians! Half their roster is Canuck anyway....

Or would the NCAA and the Canadian people then get upset and make them change it again?

Do they sing O' Canada before or after the Star Spangled banner at UND home games? You would think they would judging by the roster

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, they should sing o canada up there.

I hope W Mich sends the SIoux home early.

I bet that will get a real good rivalry between NCHC powerhouses in the near future....right here I would insert one of those smart azz smiley face things.

This Sioux fas has been posting since October?

Got this set up between 2 feeds a mile south of the roost. full-283-18885-2012_03_2219.27.38.jpg

Happy hunting, you can hand deliver some of that terrible tasting goose to STP on sunday after the gophs end the sioux's season.

I was a Gopher I would be hoping for the Sioux to lose to Western Mich too wink.

Bryce keep us updated on the goose hunting. Thats looks like a good time. Where are you exactly. A little birdy told me that the geese where heavy in the Langdon area(ND Canadain border) Tuesday.

Hmmmm ncaa conspiracy theories and complaining about the refs before the game, Sioux fans are nervous.

To be honest with you, if we win I would rather play the Sioux, we are familiar with them and we should be chomping at the bit after the one period whooping last week. WM actually looks a little scary to play agaist, they are coming off a CCHA championship and what would be wins over Miami, Michigan and UND.

Quote:
Pier, I'm sticking by it.

I have no problem with that .... I'm just looking for any possible angle or ammunition to get under my Sioux brethren skin, playing poker tonight with 2 Suzy's fully outfitted head to toe in green... grin

I'm with Bear in HOPING we both win but I have a bad feeling one or both may get bounced.

2-1 Gophers in OT would work for ME

Brooks Tell Foss PB says, WHAT UP and hope all is well!

Bryce, kind of a week looking spread, aren't you several hundred Decoys short there? J/K and try to shoot a little better this time, breath Bryce Breath... grin

Go Gophers, lets get both National Titles back where they belong!

For some reason I think we could see one of us loosing too.

I just really hope its the sioux.

ID love to play the Sioux and destroy them sunday. They are an average team, and the gophs are an above average team. Come to think of it, is there a great team this year? How about a really good team? I guess everyone will say BC, I havnt seen em play at all.

Did everyone get their email from the pickem site?

http://www.pickemhockey.com

Not sure who did it last year but I made a group for us.

Group Name: Fishing55

Password: 555555

Just a reminder for anyone who want to get in, I'm not sure it might even be too lake but give it a shot if you want to play.

If you have to pick a favorite you would say BC, they are on a lengthly winning streak and are alwasy good this time of year. They aren't head and shoulders above everyone but they have some momentum. After that who the heck knows, there are 8 or 10 teams packed in there that can beat anyone, even the rest of the schools look solid, truely wide open if you ask me.

Looks like there are 9 us.

I dont see bryce, the guy with the Y in his name, Beerfish or the guy with the creepy picture, or JAG

Yak is the guy with creepy picture and the guy with a Y is Yiggin.. something or another.

Do creepy avatars give you good luck in the NCAA's? Need more than 9 of us, come on!

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time I can't stand it. It's driving me nuts that I have to wait until 7 pm tomorrow night to see if my team adances past the first round.

Agree Bear that 1/2 - 2/3 of the field could win the Natty. 6 out of the teams have never won it all: Miami, UMAss Lowell, Union, Ferris, Air Force, and Western Mich. BC and UND are on pretty good runs right now. Funny thing is you don't need to be on unbeaten streak to get hot right now. Goalies gotta step it up and the power plays have gotta sizzle. Figure there will be at least one game out of the four where your offense falters and you need to lean on your guy between the pipes.

I think we have over 20 last year, come on people sign up, its fun and free!! I think you can even win something if you have the best bracket on the site, best of the 8K entries, not our little group.

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time I can't stand it. It's driving me nuts that I have to wait until 7 pm tomorrow night to see if my team adances past the first round.

I feel the same way, all this waiting around sucks let play some hockey.

It's a bear at the zoo with my reflection in the glass. I assume you guys think I'm the creepy part and not the bear. I just tried to login. I'll give it one more shot. I'm in!

Fantastic news! Melrose is in Bridgeport. We won't have to see him out here. Wonder how he watched a seasons worth of college hockey in a week, so he won't sound like an i-diot. Ahh who am I kidding, he'll sound like an i-diot for sure.

Shepard and Hunt just blew a call in Union Mich St game. Waived off a definite goal. At least they aren't in town this weekend.

I made my picks. The first game had already started when I made my picks so....not sure how that works. Anyway I will give my theory on the Tourny. I think the Gophers have the most talent in their bracket but that doesn't mean they will come out of it. I hope they do. With all the depressing sports teams in this state we need a winner.

UMD is going to the Fozen Four. Denver will lose in the first round. Michigan vs Michigan St. and Gophs vs UMD for the Frozen Four. Gophs over Michigan for the Championship.

Hopefully my WCHA and CCHA bias isn't too obvious. I just don't like East Coast hockey of any kind. Probably the same kind of hatred that all WCHA teams have against the Gophs.

I don't really post too much but I lurk in the hockey page more than any other page on this site. I don't have much to say very often.

E

Brooks Tell Foss PB says, WHAT UP and hope all is well!

!

I'll be sure do that.

I got ferris St beating Denver today. Put a little money on that one as well. See how smart I am or not ha grin

Union wins pretty easily over the Spartans. Why they didn't pull their goalie until like 25 seconds left is beyond me. 4-1 is no worse than 3-1.

Not a lot of action so far with Denver.

Bad news about Melrose is he's still pretty close to Worcester. 2 hours away. Maybe he'll be lazy and stay in Bridgeport. Then again, the guy in Green Bay mentioned the Denver Broncos before the puck dropped.