• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ryan Braun cleared!

RiverFish

Sad that this cheater got off on a technicality

It will be very interesting to see if his power numbers go down......

thats the funny thing everyone is going to base him being on the juice judging by his numbers this year but they will go down for the fact there is no Prince Fielder batting behind him.

Oh come on sled if your a pitcher who do you fear more Ramirez or Fielder? Yea Ramirez is a good player but hes getting older and isnt the deep threat like Prince is

Just caught the tester's side of the story. He followed protocol and the test was tripled sealed against tampering. He didn't get off on a technicality; his challenge (based on timing, who knows what was heard about the actual elevated testosterone levels) was heard by 3 arbitrators and they ruled 2-1. Braun claimed he was looking forward to the day he could tell his side of the story and he hasn't done that in full yet.

Wisconson is on an incredible run with their sports teams right now and this is just another sign of that... Unbelievable Braun was able to weasle his way out of this one. I heard on the radio it was the highest level of testosterone ever recorded in an MLB test on a player.... the things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm

Just caught the tester's side of the story. He followed protocol and the test was tripled sealed against tampering. He didn't get off on a technicality; his challenge (based on timing, who knows what was heard about the actual elevated testosterone levels) was heard by 3 arbitrators and they ruled 2-1. Braun claimed he was looking forward to the day he could tell his side of the story and he hasn't done that in full yet.

What would you call it then?... Justice? whistle

And he did tell his story.... Paraphrase: "I guarantee you there were no drugs in my system" even though both the A and B samples show record amounts of said drugs.... grin

His big defense was "we don't know where my urine was for 48 hours" ..

What would you call it then?... Justice? whistle

And he did tell his story.... Paraphrase: "I guarantee you there were no drugs in my system" even though both the A and B samples show record amounts of said drugs.... grin

His big defense was "we don't know where my urine was for 48 hours" ..

I wouldn't call it justice either, I'm just saying he didn't get off on a technicality...if there was one, what was it? The tester followed protocol so you can't say it was a technicality...he got off because 2 out of 3 thought it was a loophole...the science surely doesn't. I'm not a medical doctor, tester, or materials chemist, but wouldn't a measurement of testosterone stay the same or diminish with time in a sealed sample rather than increase? It's a pretty complex compound, I don't think it would just naturally synthesize.

He hasn't specifically addressed the elevated testosterone levels, his big story to clear his name is he doesn't know where the test was for 48 hours? He knows any sort of immediate addressing of the issue would be an admission of guilt if he says he used product a or product b.

MLB leadership is such a joke...they stick their head in the sands about steroids for years and years and when they finally start testing, they can't stand up to a test completed according to protocol? Why did it go to arbitration? Was there something about testing protocol in the labor contract that they should have a say about? Seems like they were arguing about a process that neither the arbitrators or defendant have any understanding of. Sounds too like the testing companies didn't have a say in it.

He played the OJ card and won. He was/is saying his sample was tampered with or could have been tampered with based on the Sample being SEALED in the fridge of the tester over the weekend versus being immediately delivered to Fed EX.

It is confirmed he broke Manny Ramirez's record of elevated testosterone levels...

Anyway time to go fish some Tullies before they are all gone... grin

Hopefully they can figure out who peed in Braun's cup during those 48 hours, maybe it will lead authorities to Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman's murderers.

I'd say if you got off through any method other than actually proving your innocence, you got off on a technicality. His whole defense is based on pee sitting in a fridge without armed guards protecting it from tampering. He could use the same defense if it went straight to the lab. Who knows what could have happened to it during that 10 minute car ride?

wouldn't a measurement of testosterone stay the same or diminish with time in a sealed sample rather than increase? It's a pretty complex compound, I don't think it would just naturally synthesize.

I used to work in a hospital lab. We didn't have the capabilities to run testosterone tests there so they got sent out. The time from pee hitting the cup to it going on an analyzer often exceeded 48 hours, yet these results were perfectly acceptable for medical diagnosis of hormone imbalances.

The fact that it went to arbitration has to say that there was inconsistencies in the testing or handling of the sample. There is going to be much more info about this coming out but to have a test ratio 3 times higher, as reported earlier today, than Manny has to be telling us something is wrong somewhere.

it went to arbitration because braun appealed the original decision of a positive test.

the three person panel is made of one person from player's association, one from mlb, and one independent. the mlb and player's association votes were split (as expected) and the decision was left with the independent person.

i believe others have appealed but no one else has been successful.

it went to arbitration because braun appealed the original decision of a positive test.

the three person panel is made of one person from player's association, one from mlb, and one independent. the mlb and player's association votes were split (as expected) and the decision was left with the independent person.

i believe others have appealed but no one else has been successful.

Sorry thats what i meant i heard 14 others have appealed and went to arbitration and his was the only one overturned

• 6 months later...

thats the funny thing everyone is going to base him being on the juice judging by his numbers this year but they will go down for the fact there is no Prince Fielder batting behind him.

Gonna eat my words on this one 41 homers 29 sb over 100 rbi and runs with 300+ average maybe another mvp trophy to add to the case

I was just thinking about bumping this thread. Braun is having another great year. Should be interesting to see if he doubles up on MVP trophies.

• 9 months later...

They are talking about this on the Twinks game right now. This is bad for the game frown He joins a looong list of players that will never go to the HOF, no matter how good his numbers end up being.

least he isnt gonna try and protest it just gonna take the suspension and come back next year i give him that much. Cant wait to see what they do to A Rod

Like a man?

I'd saying lying about it for a year, saying he'd bet his LIFE that he didnt take any banned substances is anything but.

and now aaron rodgers owes some guy on twitter 4.5 million dollars.

two years ago rodgers replied to a tweet saying he was so confident that braun is clean that he'd put his entire yearly salary on it.

haha.

Braun hardly took this like a man. He lied and lied and lied and lied about it for as long as he possibly could. He finally gave in only once the lies stopped working. I've seen 3 and 4 year olds more willing to accept responsibility for their actions.

Braun is a loser just like all the other losers that cheat to get a step up. You say he won't get in the Hall of Fame which I hope is true but he got his big $$$ contract and that is a shame!!!! I think that a players contract should be open for renegotiation or voided all together when they get caught using performance enhancing drugs!!

I hope they release him and yes I am a Brewers fan and a ex-Braun fan... Next on the block will be ARod at least I hope he is next.

I hope they release him and yes I am a Brewers fan and a ex-Braun fan... Next on the block will be ARod at least I hope he is next.

No chance of that happening. They'd still have to pay out his entire contract even if they release him.