• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hummingbird?

shauncock

Question

I have an old hummingbird flasher off a boat it looks like a vex it doesnt have a flasher or power lead with it i was just wondering if anyone has use one of those on the ice and if you can buy a transducer for ice fishing and where you can get the power cord they both screw into the back. If anyone has done this do they work as well as a vex. It would be nice to not have to buy a vex if i can use my hummingbird.

Thanks.

------------------
SHAUN

7 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

They'll work fine. Definitely not vexilar fine...But fine. You'll have no trouble seeing fish. Depending on depth and bottom content you'll also be able to see you lure without much trouble. I used the eagle version of what you're talking about on the ice up until this winter. I'll still leave it on the boat till she dies. More of a sentimental attatchment than anything.

Is it a humminbird super-sixty? i had one that worked great for ice fishing, i only had the puck style transducer for it though. it putzed out on my halfway through this season, and didnt think it was worth it to go through the hassle of fixing it. If yours ever breaks let me know you can use mine for spare parts.

Yeah mine is a super sixty but i dont have the transducer or the power cord. Im trying to find some so if you want to get rid of it i would gladly take it off your hands.

------------------
SHAUN

well the 'ducer is fried but the power cord works great. They guy at fish-lectronis said all you would have to do to fix the 'ducer would be to splice a new one onto it. Where are you located? you can have the power cord and the ducer, and if you need a battery i can sell you the one i have for it for $15, comes with the charger

[This message has been edited by Bobb-o (edited 01-31-2003).]

Yeah i will take the ducer and the power cord but i dont think i kneed the battery. I live down buy rochester.

------------------
SHAUN