• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sharpening shop for auger blades

G_man

Question

Does anyone know a machine/sharpening shop in the metro area (preferrably Bloomington area) that will sharpen auger blades and do a good job? Buying new blades isn't that expensive (I think $12.99 or so for 6" Mora hand-auger replacement blades) but it would be nice to just be able to get them sharpened too.

4 answers to this question

GMan, There is shop in Hopkins that sharpens all types of blades including auger blades. I had mine done there last year. I think it cost $5.00 a blade.

G-man, I know Vados has an exchange program. I have done it with my mora and my power lazer and have been very happy. You just take you blades off and take them in and they will give you a freshly sharpened set. I think for yours it will be like six bucks. ><>
deadeye

Where in Hopkins is this shop?, or better yet do you have the name or number. I really need to get my blade sharpened, and I'm not exactly the best when it comes to sharpening any kind of a blade at all, you should see all my dull knives.....

If you call strikemaster ( They deal with mora too ) in Big Lake they have sharpeners there that can be purchased reasonably. They are similar to Lansky Sharpeners for knives .. I can sharpen a knife with my lansky in a couple minutes .. couldnt take much more for auger blades.

These sharpeners wont sharpen lazer blades tho frown.gif

Check a search engine for strikemasters #