• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tigers add Prince

B. Amish

Are they planning to have him and Cabrera alternate at DH ? Neither from what I've seen are super good defensively. Did Miguel play 3rd with the marlins or was it outfield I forget, anyway, he'll like teeing off on soft righty twins pitchers. At least he can pack up and a skip over from Milwaukee to Detroit. This can't help the twins. The money these guys get is completely out of control. Cap that money and put the rest right back into the stadium or state they play in. Ave. superbowl ticket 2K will 90% of us ever have the chance to attend that game it don't look good, tickets at target field are more than our summer rec program or families can now afford, it's too bad really. There is no recession if you're a gifted athlete or have wanted talent. 214 million Prince must just be laughing, I'm overweight, got this attitude, can't tolerate my own father and I'm worth 300 million over the course of my career. You bet I'd take it to, we all would, but mercy.

Can we say good night to the brew crew ? 50 game susp. Braun, no Prince ? With V-mart out for 2012 Detroit remains formiddable. He can sleep on 1st when JV is chuckin.

First baseman Prince Fielder, has agreed to a nine-year, $214 million contract with the Tigers, according to major-league sources.

How many home runs will he hit in Target Field this year?

Wow! They are going to be tough with him and Cabera. I will guarantee that he hits more Target Field homers then Mauer....

Bad news for my favorite team, 19 games vs. that line up = OUCH! Miguel did play third as a Marlin. A few years and about 40 pounds ago.

Can we say good night to the brew crew ? 50 game susp. Braun, no Prince ?

I feel sorry for Greinke. kinda stuck now.

i hope, hope, hope they move cabrera to 3rd. he'd be the worst defender in baseball. fielder at first is no spring chicken either.

Prince Fielder is only 27 years old, hasn't even reached his prime yet.

Would you rather have Valencia who can't field and hits 10 HR's a year or Cabrera who can't field and hits 35 HR's a year, hmmm. By the way they are the same age as well. This was a huge plus for the Tigers. How could that small market team who are paying 2 large contracts to two players, same as the Twins, afford that kind of player? Oh, let me guess there is a commitment to winning.

Agreed Harvey, It's going to be tough for the Twins, White Sox, Royals and Indians, no one will get a free pass on this one.

Playing true outside baseball could lower his totals, he definitely will want to prove he can bop better than Cabrera, they could have a healthy friendly competition moving forward. Prince's numbers will reflect on his if he needs any adjusting to AL pitchers. Some guys do and some don't. That comfort of having your 50th at bat against a guy works well for the hitter often and psych's out the pitchers or makes them over think, also I imagine he'll bat behind Miguel so he may get walked a ton if Miggy isn't on base.

just think though. with fielder and pujols gone from the NL and howard injured, gardy's favorite player has to now be a shoe in for NL MVP this year right? wink